Community Forum

ANSWERED: How to change your Comcast billing date

Question

How do I change my Comcast billing date?

Answer

If you need a one-time payment extension we are happy to review your payment arrangement options. Please start a new post with your request in our Billing board, found here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Billing/bd-p/AccMngt_Bill

**Note**: Please don't include any personal information in your public posts. Also, don't forget to include the date of when you would like to make this extension/when you can make your payment. 

If you would like to make a change to your bills due date for all future bills, simply follow the directions below. 

Before you get started changing your due date, here are a few things to keep in mind:
  • Your account needs to be up-to-date, with no overdue balances.
  • Changing your due date won't cause late fees.
  • After you make the request to change your due date, you can check its progress on My Account.
  • Your next bill may come sooner or later than normal. This is a "transition" bill and may be higher or lower than a normal bill.
  • Your new due date takes effect on the second bill after your request is completed.
  • If you have automatic payments set up, they'll automatically update to match your new due date.
  • The change needs to be made by the person in the home with the "primary" username. 
    • If you need to, you can look up your username or your password.
    • Not sure which one is your primary username?  Take a look at What is an Xfinity Username for an explanation.
      • Hint: It's the username that can create new usernames and set permissions for all the other usernames on your account.

Let’s change your due date:

1. Sign into My Account.
  2. If you see an option asking, "Want to change when your bill is due each month?" click on Get Started and skip to step 4. 
    Option asking
    If not, go to the Settings page and find Bill Settings in the left-hand menu. Then, click Billing Cycle.
    Account Details Menu 
  3. Click View Details.
    Billing Cycle screen with View Details on the right.
    • **Note**: If you don't see View Details, you're not eligible to change your due date.
  4. Choose the day of the month you'd like for your due date.  Pick a date between the 1st and the 28th.  The 29th, 30th and 31st aren't available. Then, click Continue.
    Drop down with list of dates to choose from. 
  5. Go over your changes and click Submit.
    Changes to expect screen. Submit button at bottom right. 
  6. When you're done, you'll see a confirmation message. It'll tell you when your next two bills will come and how much they'll be for.  You can print or save it for your records if you like.
    • Keep in mind that if you make a change to your account later--like ordering a pay per view movie or changing your package--the bill amount will be different.
      New bill due date confirmation screen
If you picked the wrong date or you've changed your mind, don't worry. Just go back and pick the date you want.  You have up until your new bill is created to pick a different date.  The confirmation message tells you when that is, too.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I change my due date if I'm a new customer? Or if I'm on a Seasonal Convenience Plan?
As long as you've already received your first bill, yes you can change your bill due date.

How do I find out what my due date is now?
Go to the Billing Dates section of My Account, and click View Details.

How will I know if my "transition" bill will be more or less than my regular bill?
You'll see an estimate of your next bill while making your changes.

What if I sign out of My Account before I'm done making the change?
No worries! Your due date won't change. Sign back in to make the change.

Will changing my bill due date affect my future scheduled payments?
No, it won't affect any previously scheduled payments.
For more information about how to change your bill due date see here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/due-date-change
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎05-16-2019 06:32 PM
Updated by:

Labels (1)