Community Forum

ANSWERED: How to Link, Unlink, and Switch Between Multiple Xfinity Accounts

Need to link, unlink, or switch between your accounts? You can use your Xfinity ID to manage multiple accounts through Xfinity My Account.

Linking enables you to use one Xfinity ID to manage multiple Xfinity accounts/addresses.

Linking Accounts

If the personal email address or mobile number you provide when creating your Xfinity ID or accepting an invitation to join an account is already on an existing profile, you’ll be prompted with the option to link your accounts, or continue with creating a new profile.

Note: If you do not wish to link your accounts, choose Create a new profile instead to create a separate Xfinity ID for your new account.

1. Tap the Link accounts button and sign in with your existing Xfinity ID to have your accounts linked. The view of this step below is from the Xfinity My Account app:

HOW12279_12102019_01.png

2. If you choose to link your accounts by signing in with your existing Xfinity ID, you’ll be taken to a confirmation screen that will ask you to choose which account you’d like to start managing. Tap the circle next to your desired service address, then tap Go to My Account to be signed into the specified account.

HOW12279_12102019_02.png

Tip: If you’d like to set a preferred account to view every time, check the box next to "Remember this selection next time I sign in." before tapping Go to My Account.

In addition, you can link additional accounts that don’t yet have an Xfinity ID to your Xfinity ID in My Account. On the Settings page, go to the Linked Accounts section of Account Details and select the Link Account option. You’ll be asked to provide information about the account you wish to link.

HOW12279_042720_01.jpg

If you wish to link your Xfinity ID to an account that already has an Xfinity ID, request that the primary user on that account invite you to join the account using the email address or mobile number associated with your Xfinity ID. Upon accepting the invite, you’ll be asked to link your existing Xfinity ID to the account.

Unlinking Accounts

You can view the accounts your Xfinity ID is linked to by navigating to the Linked Accounts section of Account Details on the Settings page. In order to unlink from an account, you can select the Unlink action next to the desired account. After unlinking, you will no longer have access to Xfinity Services or My Account for that account. To regain access, the primary user for the account will need to add you as a user.

HOW12279_042720_02.jpg

In addition, a primary user can unlink any secondary users from their account by selecting the option to Remove them from the Users view in My Account. See How to Remove An Xfinity ID for more information.

Switching Between Linked Accounts

If you have multiple Xfinity accounts that are linked to your Xfinity ID, there are a couple ways to switch between them.

How to switch between your account in the Xfinity My Account site:

1. Sign in to My Account.
  2. Click your account number on the top right of the Overview page. Then, select the account you wish to see.

HOW12279_12102019_03.png

How to switch between your accounts in the Xfinity My Account app:

1. Sign in to the Xfinity My Account app on your mobile device.
    Don’t have the app? Download the app for Apple or Android devices now.
  2. Upon sign-in, you’ll be prompted to select the account you would like to access. If you check the box for "Remember this selection the next time I sign in", your account selection will be saved for the next time you sign in.

HOW12279_062520_01.jpg

3. Once you’ve made your selection, you’ll be directed to the Overview screen for the selected account.

HOW12279_12102019_05.png

4. Once signed in, you can switch accounts from either the Account Information section on the home screen, or from the Settings icon on the top left hand corner of the Overview screen.

HOW12279_12102019_06.png

How to switch accounts in Xfinity xFi, the Xfinity Stream portal, Xfinity Home and Xfinity Mobile:

Your primary account is displayed by default. To change the account selected in these apps, one option is to change your primary account. This can be done online in Xfinity My Account by selecting Manage Accounts in the navigation bar located on the top right. You can also change your primary account by selecting Linked Accounts in the Account Details section under Settings. Then, you can view all your accounts and choose a primary account you wish to set as a default across your Xfinity apps (Stream, xFi, Xfinity Home, etc.) by selecting the Make This Primary option.

HOW12279_12102019_07.png

HOW12279_042720_02.jpg

For xFi and the Xfinity Stream portal, you’ll also be prompted to select your account when signing in. Select the account you’d like to access and click Continue to view that account. If you’d like to switch accounts later, you can sign out and then sign back in to pick another account.

HOW12279_5_17_20_WR_01a.png

Additional Informaiton:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/switching-between-multiple-accounts

Version history
Revision #:
3 of 3
Last update:
‎08-20-2020 12:59 PM
Updated by:

Labels (1)
Contributors