Community Forum

Login Loop: When Is Comcast Going To Fix This?

Contributor

Login Loop: When Is Comcast Going To Fix This?

Comcast, just when is your team going to get around to fixing this problem? We're all having problems logging into our account and it has been more than a week already. How about fixing this login loop glitch so we can access our accounts already.

New Poster

Re: Login Loop: When Is Comcast Going To Fix This?

I've had this same problem for 3 days now - comcast phone and chat no help. On hold now again.

Frequent Visitor

doubt anytime soon they have no clue what it even is.

Contributor

I've had the issue for a week now. Wouldn't be surprised if they give out new accounts to fix it. Many years ago my account some how got deleted and all they could do is give me a new one.

Silver Problem Solver

Not sure if it has been posted, but has anyone tried a different browser, cleared browsing history, or deleted Comcast and Xfinity cookies?

Contributor

I've tried Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera and Microsoft Edge. They all give the same error. Apparently, this affects comcast active subscriber accounts. I've logged in to an old comcast account I had and it works fine. But, when I try logging into my subscriber account, it keeps booting me to the login page. Also, and when I try to log out of my old account, it gives a server error message.

New Poster

This is my third day as well. Deleting cookies, history or even trying a different browser Chrom, IE11, Edge, and of course Firefox does not solve the problem.

New Poster

After chatting with their helpdesk all I got was an 'escalation' request to people higher up in IT. 

Regular Visitor

Did talk to an IT rep today and they said they were very aware of the problem.. Working on it..  Said going on for week now..

Regular Visitor

yes, tried all of these

Contributor

I also placed a phone call to xfinity about this and that they have escalated this issue to some department I have never heard of. But, hopefully, they'll fix this because this is most definitely an error on Comcast's side. Even though I get a login error, the system says I'm logged in (but I'm not, since it continues to lopop to the login page). But, when I try to log out (lols), I get a server system error.

New Poster

Yes I have tried Internet Explorer,  Firefox with scrolled scripts (for spam ads, I tried to pause the looping, didnt work). 

I'm about to rage quit and deactivate everything. No more money out of me!

New Poster

(former "aortizcraballo" username)
Two weeks, several calls and tickets open and NO ONE could figure it out, no one called me back to follow up with me.

Today again on the phone; I suggested to the Comcast service representative over the phone to add another user, make it account admin and then delete the old user.

SO, In order to solve the issue, I had to give up my old login name and email.

meaning I can no longer use "aortizcaraballo" and or "aortizcaraballo@comcast.net" email no more.

All because for two weeks the incompetent team of squirrels that lead and manage the customer service department has no idea what in the world is going on.

Comcast customer service is incompetent and disconnected from the customer needs.
I can't wait until my contract is over to leave for good and take my business partner accounts with me as well.

This is my second time with Comcast and I REGRET it, I don't recommend it and I will share my story every time I can. Your customer service is garbage...

Thank you for wasting my time for two weeks, at the end I had to tell YOU how to fix the issue...

Customer first culture is NOT what Comcast is about.
Regular Visitor

Having the same issue been having it sence I got xfinity a few months ago. I have already tried talking to support but they did nothing to fix the issue still going in the log in loop even though I'm loged into the main page but as soon as I hit account or anything back to log in. Then its right back to log in back and forth. I tried clearing my interent cach and using other devices same on everyone. This is fustrating at frist I was using the app to do things to get around the xfinity website issues and now the app keeps crashing when i load it. I just want to get into my account and check how much data i have used and other usefull things.  Now I am going to have to pay my bill blindly this is nuts. 

New Poster

No anytime soon; use the chat support mode yesterday morning and was told they are know about it and are working on it and it would be fixed in 24 hours - I guess they were not thinking 24 hrs earth time propably. 

Maybe by Monday morning when the Lunar eclipse is over - since it's obvously affecting their systems.

New Poster

I am experiencing the same issue!..It is hella frustrating..... I want to check my data usage, pay my bill.   I am on the chat with a guy right now who is absolutely clueless. I see another user had to tell them how to fix the issue, guess I'll have to follow their advice and change my user name and everything

New Poster

You’re kidding right? I’ve had this problem for over a year. Comcast could not possibly care less.
Contributor

This is about to go into the third week. I'd like to know why Comcast can't fix a simple problem?

Official Employee

Hello @tempest42 and other having this issue, 

Our engineers have confirmed this is a known issue, and are working to have this resolved as soon as possible. In the mean time, I'd like to gather the first and last name of the affected users in a private message so I can link your issues with logging in, to the investigation that is open. This will also give me the opportunity to follow up with each of you as more updates are provided regarding a resolution. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello All, 

This issue has been confirmed resolved. If you are still experiencing issues, please feel free to send me a private message. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

An agent told me this on chat a couple days ago. Needless to say the problem is unresolved.
Regular Visitor

Confirmed resolved really? Still unresolved for me.
Regular Visitor

I am having this issue and it happens with both the website and my account app. Can you please help me?

Regular Visitor

I had to message ComcastChe my name and after 2 weeks of being unable to login, mine was fixed last night..  everything works for me..    thanks, ComcastChe..

New Poster

I know what causes it.   Xfinity tries to ID people above and beyond the credentials, by looking at the network connection, IP address, and probably browser fingerprints and who knows what else.   It doesn't like people coming from other networks than its own.   So if you're on mobile, or let's say, VPN, it can give you problems.  

To test the thing, I had my home network on VPN -- tried to log in, got the loop.  Killed the VPN, and was able to log in just fine.  It doesn't really matter what VPN it is (commercial or corporate).

Customer service is clueless about this stuff, don't even bother unless you want to spend the next 2-3 hours with them trying to help but taking you nowhere.   I've done it.

What's the point of having passwords if they force logins on their raw network?   Very disappointing.

New Poster

This issue still exists for me, on all browsers on all devices. 

Frequent Visitor

The issue is unreolved for me also....login and looped back to login!

This is beyond ridiculous that IT cant resolve this....

Contributor

I was able to PM a Comcast forum admin and they were able to fix the login problem with my account. If anyone needs their account login fixed, PM one of the Comcast forum admins so they can manually fix your account. But, this does appear to be a widespread login glitch.

Official Employee

Hi @lrfederle3 and others still having this issue. Thank you for letting me know you are still having issues. In your situation, there is something else on the back end causing your problem. If you haven't already please send me a private message with your first and last name and I'll investigate further. If you have sent me your information, I will be replying shortly. Thanks for your patience. 

New Poster

I'm having this problem. It keeps logging me out right away.
Official Employee

I can assist you @Rhondacermak78. For this issue, I will need to verify the following information in order to begin troubleshooting:

1. Your first and last name (and the account holder's full name if different than yours).
  2. The phone number associated with your account
  3. The affected Comcast username
  4. The third-party email address (Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud, etc.) associated with your account 
  5. The timeframe you started your account. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.  

New Poster

Hi, Comcast has already resolved this for me. It was a "known issue" apparently. I would think you would have been informed about it by your company.

Official Employee

@Patrick20

I'm happy to know you are no longer having this problem.You're right, there was a recent known issue that was resolved, but some people are still having issues that need further troubleshooting. Let us know if there's anything we can assist you with in the future. Take care. 

Regular Visitor

@ComcastChe

I am having the same issue as well but it won't let me message you privately, unless I am just missing something there is no option to send you a PM

Official Employee

Hi @tymartindale94

Thanks for letting me know you're having this issue as well. You weren't able to send a private message because you had not yet posted publicly. Since you were able to post, I do see your message was successfully sent. Because we assist each customer in the order each request is received, I will be replying to your message shortly. Thank you for your patience. 

New Poster

Having the same login loop issue.

New Poster

This is also an issue for me as well

New Poster

Same issue, will send PM

New Poster

@ComcastChe same issue will PM

Official Employee

@bsw1026, @Av1758, @searmfield, and @ar052944

I can investigate your issues as well. If you haven't already, please send me a private message with the information I requested and I will reply to each of you in the order of which your message is received. The information needed to investigate this is below: 

1. Your first and last name (and the account holder's full name if different than yours).
  2. The phone number associated with your account
  3. The affected Comcast username
  4. The third-party email address (Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud, etc.) associated with your account 
  5. The timeframe you started your account.
  6. If this was a transfer of service, please verify your previous and current address. 

New Poster

@ComcastChe Would you be able to help me as well? I just opened my account and I'm trying to set up auto pay but I can't log in cause of the loop. Thanks.

Official Employee

Of course, I can @Superstition. Just shoot me a private message with the requested info and we can go from there. Chat with you soon! 

Regular Visitor

Someone help please. Have been stuck in this login loop for over a month, and i am unable to send private messages.. I honestly do not know what to do anymore.. any suggestions would be great. Thanks

New Poster

@ComcastChe 
I am having the same issues. I will PM you

Official Employee

Hi @ShaunRN, since you have posted on this public thread you should now be able to send me a private message with the information I requested so I can begin troubleshooting. 

That's fine @IJustWannaLogIn. I'll answer your message in the order of which it was received. Chat with you soon. 

New Poster

same

Official Employee

Ok! Chat with you soon @boom96

Regular Visitor

@ComcastChe I am having problems with this now. Thanks.

New Poster

@ComcastChe, I've been reading this thread. It's the same problem I've been having. Posting here so I can send you a private message.

Thanks.

New Poster

I'm having the same issue as well.  New customer.  Trying to setup auto-pay.  Tried from numerous computers and browsers.  Always get the same error message.