Community Forum

phone service to multiple handsets in different rooms.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

phone service to multiple handsets in different rooms.

How can I get phone service to multiple handsets in different rooms?  Or do I have to go to AT&T for that?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: phone service to multiple handsets in different rooms.

One base phone plugged into your modem with other satellite phones scattered around your house. They aren’t hard to find.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

By "satellite phones," I assume you mean cordless phones, but I'm trying to avoid the radiation from cordless as well as cell phones, and that is why I want to keep a corded landline with my existing corded phones plugged in to extension jacks in several rooms in my house.  I want to know if the Comcast voice service can replace that system and function like my AT&T landline, and if there's a way to get it to function during a power failure the way my current landline does (but cordless phones don't).

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Bt "satellite phones," I assume you mean cordless phones, but I'm trying to avoid the radiation from cordless as well as cell phones, and that is why I want to keep a corded landline with my existing corded phones plugged in to extension jacks in several rooms in my house. I want to know if the Comcast voice service can replace that system and function like my AT&T landline, and if there's a way to get it to function during a power failure the way my current landline does (but cordless phones don't).

Why didn’t you say that to begin with? If you have working phone jacks with AT&T they’ll work with Comcast just the same. For power outages you need a modem with a back up battery.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/stay-connected-through-storms

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

How do you connect the extension phone jacks to the Comcast Xfinity system?

Would plugging one end of a phone cord into one of the wall jacks and the other end into the Comcast modem jack do the trick?  Someone from Comcast told me it would last night, but I will have to buy a new modem with a phone jack to find out.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Back feed out of the modem to one phone jack and that feeds the others IF they’re wired together. If you’re not sure, you need a tech out to do it

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Of course the extension lines are all connected to each other because they can all be connected to the same call at the same time---I guess you're not familiar with the way traditional phone extension lines work.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

I am very familiar but unfortunately your posts have been short on information and I’m making sure that YOU know. Good luck