Community Forum

Xfinity phone stopped working after NIC box was disconnected

New Poster

Xfinity phone stopped working after NIC box was disconnected

I had Xfinity home phone working fine for years. The wiring from the house to the NIC box and to the house was intact. During a recent outside project the wire from the NIC box to the interior of the house was cut. As a result my Xfinity phone does not work. 

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity phone stopped working after NIC box was disconnected

Do you need a tech out to make the repairs?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Thanks but NO. I am looking for an answer to the question.

Diamond Problem Solver

Sorry, there’s no question in your original post. All you did was state your wires were cut

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Sorry. The question is: Is the connection to the NIC box needed even when there is no active service from a POTS service provider?

Diamond Problem Solver

If the NID is housing your home’s phone wiring, then yes it’s needed. A lot of houses now have all their phone lines housed inside the house instead of outside. If you can get your phone lines all inside you can eliminate the NID box. Or use phones with a base plugged into your gateway and scattered satellite phones and eliminate house wiring altogether