Community Forum

Static on landlines

johnfc
New Poster

Static on landlines

We are having trouble with our landlines, specifically there is static during phone calls.  What do you suggest should be done?

CCAndrew
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Static on landlines

The first would be to plug a phone directly into the gateway. If there’s no static, you know the problem is in your phone lines/jacks. If there’s static, could be the gateway.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
TK19
New Poster

After installing a new Comcast modem my land line has static and the line goes down when my whole house alarm is plugged in. Could it be the gateway?
CCAndrew
Diamond Problem Solver

Possibly, but more often than not it’s home wiring. Did you have service previously or is it brand new install?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
smashan8
Regular Visitor

Ive been having the exact same issue. New modem/cable box, new phones, new wiring. Nothing has resolved the issue. It is intermittent at times, one day it will be clear, and the next the static will randomly start and gets worse throughout the day. Technicians have been out to my house and are not able to locate the source. They can hear it on the line but indicated its not coming from our home. I work from home and it's really affecting my job.
ComcastAlly
Official Employee

Hello, all, I'd be happy to review this further with you. I understand how important it is to have reliable service. Please send me a PM with your first and last name so we can troubleshoot this together. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
smashan8
Regular Visitor

I did