Community Forum

Senior citizen parents can't get in-house calls

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Senior citizen parents can't get in-house calls

My parents live in a senior housing community with comcast tv. We added a house phone via comcast.  Daddy is telling me when he gets an in-house call from the front desk of the building, when he answers it, he hears a busy signal.

This doesn't make sense. I don't know if nomorobo call is interfering possibly, as we did set this up. I know the front desk does make calls out to all the residents to inform them of upcoming things. Any ideas? 

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Senior citizen parents can't get in-house calls

@danaleigh wrote:

My parents live in a senior housing community with comcast tv. We added a house phone via comcast.  Daddy is telling me when he gets an in-house call from the front desk of the building, when he answers it, he hears a busy signal.

This doesn't make sense. I don't know if nomorobo call is interfering possibly, as we did set this up. I know the front desk does make calls out to all the residents to inform them of upcoming things. Any ideas? 

Does the facility have a tech that handles their phone system?  Maybe whoever that is has some insight.  Does the front desk dial his 10-dight number?  Is he able to call the front desk's number?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)