Community Forum

SBV 3202 Modem for Voice thoughts

Contributor

SBV 3202 Modem for Voice thoughts

I've a TM822 that won't 'populate' the 3 'upstream' channels in the status information page. It's had a couple 'HITS' that don't seem to rectify the issue. My phone # will be ported in a few days and I don't need issues. The TM822 is owned by me and was used by me previously. I'm using it currently for Internet.  Only 1 channel 'upstream' is populated after 4 or 5 hits.

If I need to replace I'd like opinions of this product for potential use. I posted status pages looking for input and thoughts over # DSL Reports for the TM822  but no responses. I image it's not appropriate to post links so I won't. Should be an easy search. If approprite to post links mention it's OK and I will.

Thoughts on this SBV3202?

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: SBV 3202 Modem for Voice thoughts

How about posting those levels here? Do you have a separate internet modem too, that is missing the upstream channels? It’s possible it has nothing to do with your device.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

Would this link do?

You mention NOT and I'll make it go away! One is from late 2018 with all 3 'upstream' populated and the other reflects just the 1 being populated. I appreciate the look! I've done several 'network' restarts and it's not changed.  

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32432772-Connectivity-TM822G-Xfinity-quiz

It's the only device I'm using. I have an SB6141 on my account also but it's disconnected and 'boxed'. My # should be ported in a few days. I've no need for an improved modem if this will function correctly. Any idea of what it might take to 'populate' those other 2 'upstream'? I can't call (DO NOT SPEAK) - Xfinity Voice is primarily for TEXT FEATURE to Doctors etc.

Diamond Problem Solver

It’s possible that you have a high pass filter in place on your drop. That is something that’s put in place by the maintenance team to block noise/interference from backfeeding into the plant. That filter blocks those 2 upstream channels that you’re missing. If it’s there there may be notes on your account and you would need a tech out to fix (for free). You may want to check on that before buying a new modem.

I can escalate it up to a colleague who can help you out with getting a tech out or to check your account for any notes

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

I don't speak so anything you could do would help. There's a drop outside my basement foundation wall and another at the foot of a pole at the street. I'm not aware of anything that's been done in the neighborhood recently!

Thank you!!

Official Employee

Hello wvzr1. We appreciate you visiting and posting on the Xfinity Forums. I can assist with further troubleshooting your modem / scheduling a technician visit if needed. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. You can click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile and send me a private message. Click "Send a private message" and private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

I've responded to a few PM's but haen't heard anything positive regarding my issues. Should've I heard anything difinitive? My VOICE should 'port' in a couple of days and I don't need issues!

Official Employee

Re: SBV 3202 for Voice thoughts

Hi wvzr1, thank you for working with us through private message and please reach back out if you need any assistance in the future.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!