Community Forum

Re: Connecting Phone line to Comcast router?

Highlighted
New Poster

I CAN RELATE TO YOU! I'M REALLY FRUSTRATED! I HAVE NO DIAL TONES ON MY 3 LANDLINE PHONES! I DON'T REMEMBER HOW CONNECT MY MAIN TELLY LINE TO THE BACK of MY OLD MODEM! DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY DIAGRAMS AVAILABLE TO HELP ME? I WOULD B ETERNALY GREATFUL!

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

What equipment do you have? There should be a Tel 1 and Tel 2 port

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

• I have my phone cord/line connected to port 1 on the router.  But every since I got the  new business router, I cannot receiving incoming or send outgoing calls.  Though the XFINITY connect app records all incoming calls and sends notifications.   Excuse the grammatical errors because I cannot go back and correct.
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Are you referring to Comcast Business?

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes.  I can go in on the XFINITY Connec a and make calls, but no calls are coming in nor it on the physical phone.  There is no dia tone.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

What Comcast equipment are you using for your phone service? It will be separate from the internet service. And you should be posting on the business forum, these are for residential

https://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

There is and the phone line is inserted in tel 1.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am a residential customer with a business modem. So that We want run out of data for the month.  We do a lot of streaming. The router has a tel 1 and a tel 2 port.  It also has 2 ports for the internet.

The previous router had 2 tel ports as well as internet ports.  But on the top there was a designated reset but fo the phone and one for the internet.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Was your last message the actual last message?