mbenson79's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, May 12th, 2019 1:00 PM

Closed

Porting phone number from Vonage...

I've seen similar questions in other threads... Looking to port my Vonage number into Comcast. Just signed up and was told there was an "error" and my number couldn't be ported. I have had this number for 30 years and would like to keep it... Looking for some HELP!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

Everything is decided by where/if your number falls in a rate center. If it’s been decided a number can’t be ported, it can’t be ported, there’s no going around it

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Many people on this thread have asked a similar question with a very different response by the Comcast rep...

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

5 years ago

Greetings, mbenson79! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. What ComcastAndrew provided is correct information. A rate center is what helps decide if a call is considered long distance or not. If the Vonage number is considered to be outside your current rate center we will not be able to get it ported over. If you would like me to look further into the rate center for the Vonage number and your local area feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

"If the Vonage number is considered to be outside your current rate center we will not be able to get it ported over."

Your statement is incorrect. I have a number that based on Central Office Details From NPA NXX it is in an Unrestricted Zone type and your Porting department was still not "able" to port it over with the pretext that its in a Restricted .Zone Center. Also based on Vonage, this number is not restricted and they asked Comcast porting department to contact them to complete the porting process. I provided the Porting dep. Vonage contact but Comcast Porting dep. did not called Vonage s they promised. This implies Comcast has other reasons for not allowing us to port our numbers. If Comcast continues to behave in an monopolistic way, will have to raise it to the State and FCC authorities.

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

5 years ago

I'm glad I was able to assist you even if we were not able to get that number ported over, mbenson79. If you ever need further assistance don't hesitate to reach out to us.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here