Community Forum

Number ported from AT&T to Xfinity Voice. No Dialtone, calls go to voicemail.

helium2013
Frequent Visitor

Number ported from AT&T to Xfinity Voice. No Dialtone, calls go to voicemail.

Recently I helped my elderly mother set up her new xfinity service on 2/6. She ported her AT&T landline over to Xfinity Voice. We were able to activate the Xfi Gateway on 2/6 and she has internet, but no dialtone on the xfinity voice.  On Sunday Morning (2/14) I tried calling her landline phone number to see if it had been ported over from AT&T yet and received the Xfinity Voicemail system.

Her corded landline phone is plugged into the Tel 1 jack on the cable modem. When we activated the xFi Gateway the landline number from AT&T had not yet been ported over to Xfinity. Is it possible that the line has not been fully provisioned/ported over to Xfinity from AT&T? Does her xFi gateway need to be re-activated?

CCAndrew
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Number ported from AT&T to Xfinity Voice. No Dialtone, calls go to voicemail.

If you activated the gateway before the number was ported, you would’ve normally been given a native (new) number until porting is complete. If it’s complete call in to get it re-activated.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
helium2013
Frequent Visitor

Re: Number ported from AT&T to Xfinity Voice. No Dialtone, calls go to voicemail.

Can xFinity Voice support tell my mother if her line has been completely ported over to xFinity Voice?

helium2013
Frequent Visitor

We checked in my mother's xfinity account and saw everything had been set up then reactivated her xFi Gateway and she now has landline telephone service. Thank you for the helpful tips and hints everyone,