Community Forum

Never Used Phone Line / Hacked / Over $300 International Calls / Same Situation Reported A Year Ago

Highlighted
New Poster

Never Used Phone Line / Hacked / Over $300 International Calls / Same Situation Reported A Year Ago

I experienced almost the exact same situation as another user a year ago who got hacked and had to fight a $1,000 bill. My situation mirrors his. I don't use the Xininity phone. Only added it to get a bundle deal. Kinda silly of Xfinity. Anyway several calls were placed to Costa Rica and Vietnam. The bill came to $300. 

One difference, however, is that I visited Xfinity service center in San Rafael, CA and they were very helpful. Walked me through how to contact Xfinity customer support by texting 266-278 and typing in the text "On it" ... which immediately created a robot chat ... answer the appropriate questions by texting a numeric reply (1, 2, 3) ... then answer again the next prompt ... then text "Ready" when you are ready to talk with a live person. The Xfinity support call was immediate. I was on the phone for about 45 minutes (not waiting but talking) and the representative took care of the problem and got me a full credit. Well done guys, and yeah I was surprised.

But really sports fans ... how would any normal user know to do that? Hope this helps you.