angel5977's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, February 18th, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

Need an email address in support to send screenshots to for landline voice issue

Please help me.

I was bounced around for hours yesterday on the phone, only to be transferred back to where I started with NO ONE understanding what I'm trying to tell you.  My landline is being spoofed.  HUNDREDS of calls are being cataloged at "outgoing calls" from my landline that WE ARE NOT MAKING.  All to the same number, all between 11-12 seconds.  When you call that number, 

(888) 777-6716

You receive a modem tone.  This needs to stop or we will cancel our services with you.  Someone needs to fix this.  Give me a viable email address to email this issue with screenshots from my account history.  Please.  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

496 Messages

4 years ago

Angel5977 -

Have you tried resetting your Primary Xfinity ID's password? If you are unsure of your Xfinity ID and/or Password, visit xfinity.com/password.

If your account password has been compromised, it's possible that someone is using your home number to make outbound calls remotely; resetting your password will prevent them from doing so if that's the case.

Our Security Assurance team may also be able to be of assistance:

Business Hours: 6:00am - 2:00am EST, 7 days a week

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Hello Comcast,

I have now changed the password.  Here's hoping that something this simple will resolve the issue.  I continue to receive the outbound calls in my Call Logs for my landline.  One of the online techs escalated to a higher group and I have a case open.  As of last night, they were still pouring in, but I will check from this point to see if the password change stopped it.  Thank you for the advice!

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Changed password 1 week ago, no change.  Case should still be open according to tech who took my chat call.  Calls still pouring in.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here