Community Forum

Land line will not connect, no dial tone

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Land line will not connect, no dial tone

When I check my account I see both my new modem and the old modem I returned.  What is required to correct this error?

No dial tone with my new modem, internet works, service was upgraded to 600mbps but only runs at 120mbps, same speed as old modem.

I have spent over 20 hours trying to resolve the "no dial tone" problem, Xfinity customer service is very poor.  So sorry I ported my phone number from AT&T, I now do not have a 911 system.  I see many others with the same problem with no dial tone on this forum. 

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Land line will not connect, no dial tone

Have you plugged a phone directly into your modem in Tel 1?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Yes, I have plugged into Tel1.  I have tried this many times with tech on chat.  Unable to obtain dial tone.  I tried Tel2 just of the heck of it and it gives a busy like tone.  Last tech agent told me it was a defective modem, time will tell as a replacement is on the way.  I have also noted that my internet speed, which is supposed to be up to 600 is only 120.  I recently was sent the current modem as an upgrade to my system.  

Highlighted
New Poster

my new land line was reset but still not working

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

The modem may just need reprovisioned

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

No, none of your replies answered the question
Highlighted
New Poster

Hello...anyone gonna try to help me??
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

@Sully8
You have yet to ask a question or provided any details on what you have going on. Hard to help you without necessary details

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

My land line now works, I have no idea why.  I did not change to a different modem as was suggested by the last Advanced Tech I spoke to on chat.  ln fact, I did nothing on my end, it just started working. Magic.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

It may still be a short in your wiring somewhere. Glad it’s back for you

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

No short in my end.  Phone never worked from day one, problem on Xfinity's end.  By magic it started working, I have no idea what was wrong but I am glad it is working. Thanks to someone at Xfinity.