stevews's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, July 13th, 2019 8:00 AM

Closed

Does Xfinity Voice Support Pulse Dialing? I was told it does but it is not working.

I have an old security system and a rotory phone.  I recently switched over to xfinity voice and was told pulse dialing was supported, but to my surprise it does not work.  I found out when the security system failed, with a communications error trying to dial out,\. Then I realized my rotory phone did not work either.  The dial tone does not break when you start dialing.  When I chatted with on-line support, I was told it is turned on and should work.  Is this a Modem issue?  I have the one provided by Xfinity for WiFi and Voice.  Did I get the wrong one?  Who can I speak with to give me a valid answer?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

5 years ago

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I had the modem changed I do you answer I’ve gotten wires you’re going to have to just get a regular quartered phone because his test phone worked fine and I did so in order for me to talk on the phone I have a splitter next to my table I have to plug in my cordless so I can go do the dishes and talk on the phone when I’m done if I don’t unplug the house phone won’t ring nobody get a hold of me but I pay money for the phone every month the answer I got was that’s what you need to do nobody can figure it out is that right the last system the other company knew we had everything worked fine

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I am only trying to Dial out, where the pulses are recognized by the modem.  ComcastJoeTru stated this can work.  The other article states Rotory dials won't work for additional features which makes sense.   I don't need to access that but would like to beable to dial out using the Rotory dial on the phone.  I'm still perplexed that Xfinity Support told me Pulse works and it is turned on, on my voice line.  That is confusing or those agents in India don't understand my question.

Recognized Contributor

• 

1.9K Messages

5 years ago

Hello, stevews! Thank you for reaching out here. Pulse dialing can be enabled on some modems, however, this would not work with our newer modems. I'd be happy to check on the account with you to see if this is something we're able to do! Please feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name to get started. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”

Timothy_karpin, are you able to explain a little more about the issues you're running into? You are only able to use the phone when you plug it into the splitter? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here