Community Forum

Do I need any other device than my Arris SB6141 Modem to use Xfinity voice home phone

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Do I need any other device than my Arris SB6141 Modem to use Xfinity voice home phone

I just upgraded my service from internet only to internet, tv, and voice and ordered the self instrall kit. 

I noticed that trhe install kit does not include any hardware for voice yet my Arris SB6141 Cable Modem I use for internet does not have voice capability.  What equipment do I need to activate home phone.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Do I need any other device than my Arris SB6141 Modem to use Xfinity voice home phone

It’s going to depend if you’re going to change to a rental or buy a new personal modem that has phone service capability

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Do I need any other device than my Arris SB6141 Modem to use Xfinity voice home phone

Thanks for your reply.  I did discover that my present cable modem is not voice capable.  I have found a Xfinity compliant replacement.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.