I have 2 lines with you guys and recently swtiched to Gigabit service. Prior to this, I have not had any problems with my phone lines. Now, I randomly have times on both lines where people I'm speaking with are able to hear me, but I'm unable to hear them. Sometimes it lasts for 10-20 seconds and then I can hear again, sometimes I have to hang up and call them back. They are always able to hear me talking (e.g., they can hear me say "I can't hear you, I'll call you back").
Sometimes it'll happen in the first few minutes of a call, sometimes not for 45 minutes, but is now happening daily, often more than once on a call. I have gone through chat support multiple times for this and have not been able to resolve.
Modems have been reset multiple times. I went to a local Xfinity store to get a new modem and it is still happening. Since it's on multiple lines which have different phones attached, I can confirm it's not my equipment. Please help--I'm about at my wits end with this and extremely frustrated that nobody can fix this.
I've had the exact same problem intermittently over the last month. The callers can hear me but I cannot hear them after talking for a bit. But it's now happened 4x over the last the days so getting much worse.
I've tried different phones so it's not my equipment. Eventually I have the callers call me back on my cell phone which allows me to finish the calls. But getting very annoying.
Hey comcast, can we get an answer on this? Sounds like this problem is relatively new but getting worse? (I'm located by Oak Brook IL.)
@key000 For what it’s worth, despite Comcast’s uselessness here on these forums, I had a great tech come out to my house who replaced the equipment/boxes mounted outside of my house (whatever is between the line that comes from the Comcast box by the street and the wiring inside of my house). He mentioned that whoever replaced the drop from the street a couple of years ago connected the wiring in such a way that it was “looped over” and the direct burial “gel” in the wiring that keeps it waterproof in the event of a nick in the wire leaked into the connection, causing there to be some line interference. The old non-gigabit modem didn’t have an issue, but he said the higher speed ones were more sensitive to it which was likely the problem.
I honestly thought it was a crock and that I’d still have the same problems after he left. It happened on one call the next day so I contacted the tech again (he gave me his cell) and he said he’d reinitialize/reset everything on his end. I have not had a single issue since. It’s been probably 10 days. I am shocked they got it fixed.
Thx very much for the info! I'll try to get a repair rep out and share your experience with him in case it helps him identify the problem. Hopefully I'll have similar good luck as you did.
I'll also be sure to post a follow up to this board once I get this resolved to help others with the same problem.
This is what a vibrant online community is all about. 🙂
Hello, Arcane1015 and key000!
I'm glad to hear Arcane1015 was able to get this issue resolved with the help of a tech visit! I would really like to help you, Key000 by confirming if you need a visit as well and help schedule you an appointment. Please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can assist.
To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".
key000, as I have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. I hope you were able to get help with repairing your phone services, but if you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.