Community Forum

Block Anonymous Caller ID

New Poster

Block Anonymous Caller ID

I need Xfinity to block the caller ID name Anonymous.  It comes through on different numbers so I can't block it or use nomorobo.  I've  tried repeatedly to ask Xfinity Support to do this, but either I get a bot that doesn't understand my question or the chat window sits empty for hours, and no customer service rep appears.

•  
Official Employee Digital Care

Re: Block Anonymous Caller ID

Good morning and thank you for reaching out here on the forums! I totally get how annoying it can be to receive multiple calls from anonymous phone numbers. We do have a solution! 

To Activate Anonymous Call Rejection from your Home Phone:

• Lift the receiver and listen for the dial tone.
  • Press *77 and listen for a confirmation tone that the feature has been activated.

You can also do this online through the Xfinity Connect web portal! 

• Access Xfinity Connect and click the Menu button.
  • Select the Voice icon from the drop-down list.
  • Enter your primary Xfinity username and password.
  • Click the settings wheel in the upper-right corner and select Settings to see your Voice Preferences.
  • Select Call Blocking.
  • In the Anonymous Calls Rejection section, click the box for Block all anonymous calls.

Anonymous Call Rejection automatically rejects calls from numbers with Caller ID blocked. Callers who block the display of their name and number will hear an automated recording that you're not accepting blocked calls. The message instructs them to un-block their Caller ID and dial you again.

Please let us know if this helps! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!