jrr64's profile

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

Saturday, August 8th, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

Answering Machine Issues

We like to use a real answering machine because it plays out loud while someone is leaving a message.   The Xfinity voicemail was a good backup as it would record messages if we were on the phone (so the physical machine couldn't pick up).  

As of a few weeks ago things started going haywire.   People would tell us they called, the phone rang four times and then went silent.  So when I tested it I realized the greeting and beeps weren't playing for the caller but if the caller happened to stay on the line our physical machine would still record the person!  

We just assumed it was the machine's age so we bought a new Panasonic set and it's doing the same thing!   Rings four times, no one hears the greeting or beep, but it will record the caller if it senses any noise or conversation.

I have the machine set to answer at 4 rings and have xfinity set to answer at 8 rings .

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same issues and spoke with an xfinity customer service rep who promised to call back to address the issue and he never did. I'm exhausted.  It's always one thing or another with xfinity.  I haven't called back since because I don't have the time to waste as I always spend more than an hour on the phone trying to rectify xfinity issues!  Fed up!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

Hello user_337f28, we'd love to help you but this thread is over 6 months old. Please create a new post with this information and someone from our team will reach back out to you for assistance. Thanks in advance :) 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here