Community Forum

unable to unsubscribe using link in email..

xtratallt
New Poster

unable to unsubscribe using link in email..

When I click on the unsubscribe link in unwanted emails nothing happens. Also, when I recweive emails with a link to respond, again nothing happens when I click on them. Whagt is going on? How do I fix this?

Again
Expert

Re: unable to unsubscribe using link in email..

@xtratallt wrote:

When I click on the unsubscribe link in unwanted emails nothing happens. Also, when I recweive emails with a link to respond, again nothing happens when I click on them. Whagt is going on? How do I fix this?

Those are spam emails if you don't want them.  What is happening is when you click on a link to unsubscribe you're telling the sender that your email is live, which might set you up for more spam.  The best thing to do is mark them as spam.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
xtratallt
New Poster

I totally get the spam thing. However, most of the ones I want to unsubscribe from are legitimate emails.. not spam per say. The other issue is I can't respond to emails that have links within the email. Example, my credit card company sent me a notice of a charge and asked if it is legitimate. There are to 'buttons' for a response; yes, this is ok  and No, this is not my charge.  When I hit one to reply nothing happens. 

No email will allow me to click on a link and have it work.  Any suggestions?

Again
Expert

@xtratallt wrote:

I totally get the spam thing. However, most of the ones I want to unsubscribe from are legitimate emails.. not spam per say. The other issue is I can't respond to emails that have links within the email. Example, my credit card company sent me a notice of a charge and asked if it is legitimate. There are to 'buttons' for a response; yes, this is ok  and No, this is not my charge.  When I hit one to reply nothing happens. 

No email will allow me to click on a link and have it work.  Any suggestions?

My guess is you're using either Edge or Chrome, neither of which "plays" well with Xfinity webmail.  Try right clicking on the links or try using Firefox.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!