Community Forum

slow outgoing email

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

slow outgoing email

Friends--

 

For the last 2 months or so, outgoing email using comcast has been extremely slow.

 

About 2/3 of the emails I send, take 30 to 60 seconds to actually send. The other 1/3 go out almost instantly, like before. I remember having a similar problem maybe 5 years ago, and after I posted here, and someone from Comcast interacted with me, the problem was fixed. For years. Till now.

 

I am using Thunderbird 68.7.0 (64 bit) on 18.04 Ubuntu. Settings: smtp.comcast.net port 587, starttls.

 

(BTW, I tried searching the forums and found several likely threads for answers (latest was 2019), but I could find no way to actually read the threads. I clicked all sorts of things, and everything seemed to go to a page "What can we help you with?" Got any hints on how to use the search?)

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: slow outgoing email

@dgermann I am having the same problem and have been for approximately the same time period.  Outgoing mail just hangs.  About 95% of the time, if I cancel it and hit "send" again, it sends immediately; other times it might take several tries.  This happens on both of my computers.  I haven't been able to find anything other than the message I am replying to that mentions this problem.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: slow outgoing email

I've been having the same problem as well.  Even just trying to mark a bunch of emails for deletion it will pause for up to 30 seconds until I can select more.  This may happen several times when selecting numerous messages.  Seems like their servers just stop communicating.  I've tried this on three computers, and with Edge, IE, Chrome and Firefox and have tried it with my sisters and my brother in law's email and all of them respond the same.  I have the same issue when using email from my iPhone.   I have the same results when trying it from my work Internet with gigabit speed.  It's happening on too many systems to be a user configuration issue, it has to be something with Xfinity's system.  

Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

Re: slow outgoing email

Glad to know its not just me. When I send a message no matter how short or long it is...it seems to take forever to be 'sent'. Doesn't Comcast have anyone minding the server functionality? It should be sent immediately. I have also had the issue with 'delete' function...it just sits there. I know with high speed everything we are spoiled but my goodness...why is no one addressing this from Comcast especially here on the forums. Its like we are talking into air. Used to be that Comcast employee reps were on these forums and could offer something  when we voice problems but its been 'crickets' on many subjects the last few months.

 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: slow outgoing email

@dgermann can you please click my name and "send message" me the UID you are having this issue with? If its the same one you are using for the forums - you haven't sent out any emails from comcast.net in the last 30 days. You will want to check your email client settings if it is.

@Kathleen10 @dewo @TerriB The server shows all of your emails being sent the second the request gets sent. This means there might be a delay in what you use to send the email to when it hits our server telling it to send. Can you each please clarify what you are using to send email, if you use VPN, and what the exact error if any you receive.


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

Re: slow outgoing email

@ComcastCSAEmail When on my desktop I normally use Outlook 2016 to send/download mail and yes its configured correctly and have not made any changes and am the only one who uses the desktop. The only time I go to Comcast webmail is when Outlook syncs my folder endlessly but this was not the case with the slow server response.  On my phone and tablet I use Xfinity Connect. The experiences with the slow server were on my desktop and it seems ok now but it went on for a couple of weeks.

FYI....can't 'quote' your response....what happened to the 'quote' icon? We used to have a 'quote' option and then Comcast changed it and put the quote marks at the end of the icon list after spellcheck and now its not there either.  How do we 'quote' now? Quoting makes the forums easier to follow as it connects posts together.  Please don't tell me we have to copy and paste now?

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: slow outgoing email

I am using Thunderbird for my mail client

have same problem as others.

most e-mails take a long time to connect to the Comcast Server before they send

 

PAul

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: slow outgoing email

I'm using Thunderbird.  Initially I would get a message saying it had timed out - after hanging for a long time.     I don't let it hang that long anymore.  If it doesn't send immediately,  I cancel it and send again - it usuall sends right away on the second try.  That may be what you're seeing - the second try.

Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

Re: slow outgoing email

Kathleen....You should not have to send it twice to get it to work.

 

Re: slow outgoing email

I'm using Thunderbird.  Initially I would get a message saying it had timed out - after hanging for a long time.     I don't let it hang that long anymore.  If it doesn't send immediately,  I cancel it and send again - it usuall sends right away on the second try.  That may be what you're seeing - the second try.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: slow outgoing email

You think?  🙂   But it looks like it may be a T'bird problem.  I don't have this problem with my other emails.

Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

Re: slow outgoing email

Kathleen10 - Its not just Thunderbird. I use Outlook and have  had same problem for weeks
 
 
======================
Re: slow outgoing email

You think?  


 

   But it looks like it may be a T'bird problem.  I don't have this problem with my other emails.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: slow outgoing email

doing a quick google search of the issue shows that its a pretty common problem and this shows something to try out: https://protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/thunderbird-connection-server-timed-error/ (in the example shown in the support link, you will want to search for comcast.net instead of mailnews.tcptimeout). Overall it appears to be an issue either with the email client (Outlook, Thunderbird, MacMail, etc.) or with the device. When its the device looks like the most common one is a firewall or anti-virus program preventing/slowing down the email client. 

 

Unfortunately email clients are third party to Comcast and are simply a recovery or relay tool for interfacing with our server(s). The support articles and guidance we would be able to provide for troubleshooting issues regarding third party email clients or your personal devices is limited/non-existent as its not our product/offering.


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: slow outgoing email

Thunderbird 68.10.0

MacOS 10.15.6

 

Problems with pop3 and smtp servers comcast.net started this weekend.

I can get mail intermittantly. When it doesn't work this is displayed on the bottom of the main window:

"Host contacted, sending login information"

Then the Tools->Developer Tools->Error Console prints this when it fails:

NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE: Cannot call openModalWindow on a hidden window Prompter.jsm:441

 

Sending mail continually fails.

 

But, then it works. But then it fails!

 

Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

Re: slow outgoing email

We were just told by the Comcast employee helping us on this issue that its not Comcast's server causing the problem.........its either our device or the third party we use for email. I still say its their server but  I think we have lost this argument.

======================

Re: slow outgoing email

Thunderbird 68.10.0

MacOS 10.15.6

 

Problems with pop3 and smtp servers comcast.net started this weekend.

I can get mail intermittantly. When it doesn't work this is displayed on the bottom of the main window:

"Host contacted, sending login information"

Then the Tools->Developer Tools->Error Console prints this when it fails:

NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE: Cannot call openModalWindow on a hidden window Prompter.jsm:441

 

Sending mail continually fails.

 

But, then it works. But then it fails!

 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: slow outgoing email

I use outlook.com and have had no problem.  Are you using desktop?

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: slow outgoing email

Ok, I repeadedly shur down my comcast sb621 modem and my apple airport extreme (because rebooting only once never fixes anything). It is all working now.

I can send and receive thunderbird emails using wired and wireless connections.

But, I really don't trust that it is working because of the reboots.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: slow outgoing email


@TerriB wrote:

@ComcastCSAEmail When on my desktop I normally use Outlook 2016 to send/download mail and yes its configured correctly and have not made any changes and am the only one who uses the desktop. The only time I go to Comcast webmail is when Outlook syncs my folder endlessly but this was not the case with the slow server response.  On my phone and tablet I use Xfinity Connect. The experiences with the slow server were on my desktop and it seems ok now but it went on for a couple of weeks.

FYI....can't 'quote' your response....what happened to the 'quote' icon? We used to have a 'quote' option and then Comcast changed it and put the quote marks at the end of the icon list after spellcheck and now its not there either.  How do we 'quote' now? Quoting makes the forums easier to follow as it connects posts together.  Please don't tell me we have to copy and paste now?


The quote icon should still be there.

 

format bar 2.PNG

format bar 3.PNG


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

Re: slow outgoing email

@Again,

 

I don't have the same icons that you do.  When I hit reply  the 'quote' icon pops up after the spellcheck icon for a nano second and then its gone. What in the world??? Here is all I have. on my 'reply screen'..........

TerriB_0-1595330883508.png

 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: slow outgoing email


@TerriB wrote:

@Again,

 

I don't have the same icons that you do.  When I hit reply  the 'quote' icon pops up after the spellcheck icon for a nano second and then its gone. What in the world??? Here is all I have. on my 'reply screen'..........

TerriB_0-1595330883508.png

 


What browser are you using and what device?  Also, in your image, what is the arrow for on the right side near Preview?


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

Re: slow outgoing email

You asked what device and browser I am on and I don't see an arrow next to the word PREVIEW in the image I sent you.

=====================

I am using Win 10 on a desktop and use Chrome browser and always have. We used to have the word 'quote' in the body when we replied and could click on it and place the text and then they replaced it with the quote icon at the end of the icon list next to the ABC spellcheck icon.  I did a check with Firefox and its the same thing. Now I have to copy and paste everything when I reply.


Thanks

Terri

===================

@TerriB wrote:

@Again,

 

I don't have the same icons that you do.  When I hit reply  the 'quote' icon pops up after the spellcheck icon for a nano second and then its gone. What in the world??? Here is all I have. on my 'reply screen'..........

 

 

What browser are you using and what device?  Also, in your image, what is the arrow for on the right side near Preview?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: slow outgoing email


@TerriB wrote:

You asked what device and browser I am on and I don't see an arrow next to the word PREVIEW in the image I sent you.

=====================

I am using Win 10 on a desktop and use Chrome browser and always have. We used to have the word 'quote' in the body when we replied and could click on it and place the text and then they replaced it with the quote icon at the end of the icon list next to the ABC spellcheck icon.  I did a check with Firefox and its the same thing. Now I have to copy and paste everything when I reply.


Thanks

Terri

===================

@TerriB wrote:

@Again,

 

I don't have the same icons that you do.  When I hit reply  the 'quote' icon pops up after the spellcheck icon for a nano second and then its gone. What in the world??? Here is all I have. on my 'reply screen'..........

 

 

What browser are you using and what device?  Also, in your image, what is the arrow for on the right side near Preview?


This is from your image:

 

Again_0-1595360950494.png

Just out of curiousity, enable Quick Reply in your Preferences and see if the Quote icon shows up when using it.  Also, clear your cache in both Chrome and FF.

 

FWIW, I can't duplicate your problem.  😞


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

Re: slow outgoing email


@TerriB wrote:

---------------------------------------

FYI....can't 'quote' your response....what happened to the 'quote' icon? We used to have a 'quote' option and then Comcast changed it and put the quote marks at the end of the icon list after spellcheck and now its not there either.  How do we 'quote' now? Quoting makes the forums easier to follow as it connects posts together.  Please don't tell me we have to copy and paste now?


The quote marks are still right where they should be.  I'm running Vivaldi in windows 10---------------------------

 

Latoque_0-1595366556998.png

 



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

Re: slow outgoing email


@Latoque wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

---------------------------------------

FYI....can't 'quote' your response....what happened to the 'quote' icon? We used to have a 'quote' option and then Comcast changed it and put the quote marks at the end of the icon list after spellcheck and now its not there either.  How do we 'quote' now? Quoting makes the forums easier to follow as it connects posts together.  Please don't tell me we have to copy and paste now?


The quote marks are still right where they should be.  I'm running Vivaldi in windows 10---------------------------

 

Latoque_0-1595366556998.png

 


Latoque, if you look at her image, the quote icon is missing.


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

Re: slow outgoing email


@Again wrote:

@Latoque wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

---------------------------------------

FYI....can't 'quote' your response....what happened to the 'quote' icon? We used to have a 'quote' option and then Comcast changed it and put the quote marks at the end of the icon list after spellcheck and now its not there either.  How do we 'quote' now? Quoting makes the forums easier to follow as it connects posts together.  Please don't tell me we have to copy and paste now?


The quote marks are still right where they should be.  I'm running Vivaldi in windows 10---------------------------

 

Latoque_0-1595366556998.png

 


Latoque, if you look at her image, the quote icon is missing.


I can't see her image.  Just a placeholder.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: slow outgoing email

Comcast is the problem.  I can send 8 emails from my Outlook365 program from my laptop using my business account in less time than it takes Comcast to complete the send of my personal emails on same laptop and same software and same network.  I cannot sometimes get my inbox emails updated from XFinity connect app using LTE when WiFi is instantaneous on my phone.  Comcast pop server through Xfinity wifi and Xfinity ISP is spotty and has been for months.  At least there is no quick way to talk to a support person since their service menu and robo-assistant has recently graduated kindergarten and is no longer available due to COVID.  We have a list of problems with them that are unaddressable on any menu selection in the automated system and 24 hours a day the wait time for a live attendant is over 2 hours but the phone call cuts off at 1 hour.  It's embarrassing to think that a company would have those metrics.

Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

Re: slow outgoing email

@Again  @Latoque

 

I am sorry Latoque can't see the image I pasted that does not show the 'quote'. I tried to use Quick Reply but same thing. Its just not there. It was showing up for a nano second next to the 'abc' spellcheck but now thats not even happening. I use Chrome  on my Win 10 desktop and did clear my cache and also tried other browsers.....same result. This is just ridiculous not to be able to use 'quote'.

The only way I know to show what I have on the screen  to prove it to Latoque is to use the snip tool to copy and paste so doing it again. IF there is another way please show me.

 

TerriB_0-1595418965384.png

 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: slow outgoing email

Terri, I have notified @ComcastCSAEmail of your problem, so hopefully they will be able to fix it.

 

In the meantime, try one more thing.  I don't know what size resolution your screen is, but try enlarging or reducing [ctrl key +, ctrl key -] the streen to see if that makes it show up.

 

[We've hijacked this thread long enough.  Apologies to the OP.]


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

Re: slow outgoing email

@Again
 
ComcastCSAEmail already replied when I first reported this but did not recommend anything.
 
 
My resolution is the Win 10 recommended size  1920x1080 for my monitor.  I have always had it set that size. Just now when I pressed 'reply' the 'quote' icon showed up once again for a nano-second to the right of 'abc' spellcheck and then poof it was gone.  I reduced the screen size and whoa........it does show up but now I can hardly ready the text. Guess I will just have to reduce the resolution every time I reply on the forums. This is crazy.
 
I don't think we hijacked the thread because its called 'email and web browsing'.
 
 
Thanks for your attention in this matter
 
Terri
 
==============
 
 
Re: slow outgoing email

Terri, I have notified @ComcastCSAEmail of your problem, so hopefully they will be able to fix it.

 

In the meantime, try one more thing.  I don't know what size resolution your screen is, but try enlarging or reducing [ctrl key +, ctrl key -] the streen to see if that makes it show up.

 

[We've hijacked this thread long enough.  Apologies to the OP.]

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: slow outgoing email

To bring it back to the other topic.  FWIW . .. Late yesterday Thunderbird announced it wanted to do an important upgrade (I'm not sure it said "upgrade").  Although the release notes, at least on a quick skimming, didn't seem to relate in any way to the slow outgoing mail problem, my outgoing mail has been just fine today.  The version now says 78.01.  Unfortunately, I didn't check to see what it was before the change.  My other computer, on which I have been having the same problem, is 68.10.0.  It has not been invited to upgrade, and apparently 78.01 is not considered an upgrade to 68.10.0.  And it is still hanging up like crazy with outgoing mail.   This is totally not anything I understand, but I'm passing it along in case those of you who, unlike myself, are not bears of little brain, may understand it!!  Or maybe it's just a big coincidence.   K.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: slow outgoing email

Terri, I wasn't referring to your monitor resolution, but your browser resolution.


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

Re: slow outgoing email


@Again wrote:

Terri, I wasn't referring to your monitor resolution, but your browser resolution.


==

 

Yep I realized that right away....lol.  From now on  I will reduce my browser resolution when I reply so that I can see the " marks. Case closed and thanks

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: slow outgoing email

Very slow outgoing email has been going on for about 2 months, but seems to be getting worse.  I use POP3 Outlook.  It used to be instant outgoing mail, except when there was a large attachment.  I had assumed that this could be related to a much higher home usage since Covid.  My Internet speed still tests out fairly fast (300+ Mbps download, 12 Mbps), but it seems there is a much longer latency on Internet operations, which may be the cause of the email issue.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: slow outgoing email

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Highlighted
Expert

Re: slow outgoing email

@dgermann 

Click on this link:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/6136691

 

That should take you to @ComcastCSAEmail's profile page where you should find Send a message on the right side of the page.


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: slow outgoing email

Thanks, but nope. No such send a message link. I could give you a screen shot, if there were a way to do so here. Perhaps it is Firefox not showing the reply link?

 

:- Doug.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: slow outgoing email

Chrome also does not show any such reply.

 

:- Doug.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: slow outgoing email

My issue finally resolved itself a few days after I reported the issue.  I do know for a fact it was a Comcast email server issue regardless of what they say. I never had issues with the time it took to send, it was just doing anything within the web client. It was slow and would pause for up to 30 seconds or so before I could use it again.  Especially when trying to click through or highlight messages for deletion.   I am a systems engineer and work for an ISP and manage a Class A datacenter with 10gb multi path connectivity and my issue occurred whether using any of my PC's, phone, Mac,  and on every browser at home, at my sisters house and with mine or their email accounts and even at work utilizing multiple PC's and servers the same issue continued for several weeks.  The only thing in common was the connection to Comcast email servers.  Regardless, my issue sounds to be different than what others are experiencing.  Mine was only while trying to browse my messages, select multiple messages for deletion, etc.  Once I hit send it sent just fine. I did not have issues with my email not sending or sitting in the outbox.  Those issues sound more like a connectivity or DNS issues.  If any of ou experiencing these issues have changed your DNS to Google DNS, (or another DNS) change it back to your ISP's and see if your issue resolves. 

Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

Re: slow outgoing email


I believe it was their server too even though they claimed it was third party clients. My problem 'magically' disappeared a week after I reported it after having the issue for quite some time....Hmm?

@dewo wrote:

My issue finally resolved itself a few days after I reported the issue.  I do know for a fact it was a Comcast email server issue regardless of what they say. I never had issues with the time it took to send, it was just doing anything within the web client. It was slow and would pause for up to 30 seconds or so before I could use it again.  Especially when trying to click through or highlight messages for deletion.   I am a systems engineer and work for an ISP and manage a Class A datacenter with 10gb multi path connectivity and my issue occurred whether using any of my PC's, phone, Mac,  and on every browser at home, at my sisters house and with mine or their email accounts and even at work utilizing multiple PC's and servers the same issue continued for several weeks.  The only thing in common was the connection to Comcast email servers.  Regardless, my issue sounds to be different than what others are experiencing.  Mine was only while trying to browse my messages, select multiple messages for deletion, etc.  Once I hit send it sent just fine. I did not have issues with my email not sending or sitting in the outbox.  Those issues sound more like a connectivity or DNS issues.  If any of ou experiencing these issues have changed your DNS to Google DNS, (or another DNS) change it back to your ISP's and see if your issue resolves. 


 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: slow outgoing email

@Again--

 

Please help me. You have pointed me to a page and said click on Send a Message. I have tried three browsers and find no "Send a Message" on that page. I see no way to give my email address so that this employee can check and see what the issue is I am having.

 

I also see no place where I can contact customer service to get any help, either.

 

Thanks!

Highlighted
Expert

Re: slow outgoing email


@dgermann wrote:

@Again--

 

Please help me. You have pointed me to a page and said click on Send a Message. I have tried three browsers and find no "Send a Message" on that page. I see no way to give my email address so that this employee can check and see what the issue is I am having.

 

I also see no place where I can contact customer service to get any help, either.

 

Thanks!


Let's make sure your private messages are turned on.

 

In the upper right corner of this screen you should see a bell, an envelope, and your avatar.  Click on your avatar and choose My Settings.  Then click on Preferences, Private Messenger.  There should be a check mark next to Turn on private messages.

 

Again_0-1596073713993.png

 


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: slow outgoing email

@Again 

 

Thanks so very much.

 

I do not have a private messenger tab.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: slow outgoing email


@dgermann wrote:

@Again 

 

Thanks so very much.

 

I do not have a private messenger tab.


I've notified someone to see if they can fix your account.  Occasionally we see posters whose settings are missing that tab.  I can't tell you how long it will take, but hang in there.


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: slow outgoing email

@Again 

 

Thanks! (Maybe that will fix not being able to see sending a reply!)

 

:- Doug.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: slow outgoing email

@Again--

 

Whatever magic you did, it got me the private message tab and in fact private messages was on. So I was able to see "Send a message," and I did respond to the employee mail.

 

Thanks, much!

 

I can even see my private messages from back in 2009!

 

Is there a way for mere mortals here to post screen shots, as you have done in your message to me?

 

:- Doug.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: slow outgoing email


@dgermann wrote:

@Again--

 

Whatever magic you did, it got me the private message tab and in fact private messages was on. So I was able to see "Send a message," and I did respond to the employee mail.

 

Thanks, much!

 

I can even see my private messages from back in 2009!

 

Is there a way for mere mortals here to post screen shots, as you have done in your message to me?

 

:- Doug.


Yay!  I'm glad it finally got fixed for you!  I know that was frustrating.

 

Due to some unscrupulous posters in the past posting images that definitely violated the Forum standards, most images now have to be approved by the administrator.  Also, some people forget to remove any personal identifying information when they post an image so we have to take the whole post down.  Sorry.


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: slow outgoing email

There is absolutely no question that this is a Comcast issue.  I have two workstations with Thunderbird as the email client and each has Comcast and Gmail email accounts incorporated.  The Gmail is sent instantly and the Comcast hangs until it sometimes times-out.  If the Comcast email is canceled and then resent it goes quickly.  Cumon Comcast, what is the problem here? Don't pass the buck as usual.  It started months ago.  

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: slow outgoing email

This has been going on for a while now and it's not an e-mail client issue, as it happens on my smartphone as well.

 

The connection to Comcast's SMTP server either times out, or if it successfully connects, it mostly takes anywhere from 15 seconds onward, for the server to accept the login and e-mail.

 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: slow outgoing email

Hi--

 

Have not heard back from you, but here is an update from my end:

 

For a few days after I worked with your chat tech support, about 2/3 of my emails went through immediately on being sent. Now it is back to what it was, and might in fact be more like 95% are taking 30 seconds or so to send.

 

What can you do to help me, please?

 

Thanks.

 

:- Doug.

Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

Re: slow outgoing email


@dgermann wrote:

Hi--

 

Have not heard back from you, but here is an update from my end:

 

For a few days after I worked with your chat tech support, about 2/3 of my emails went through immediately on being sent. Now it is back to what it was, and might in fact be more like 95% are taking 30 seconds or so to send.

 

What can you do to help me, please?

 

Thanks.

 

:- Doug.


==========

 

I didn't get any assistance from Comcast but my mail was acting normally and then yesterday it started acting up again. Took a long time to send a very short email ...here we go again

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: slow outgoing email

Still slow for me.

 

:- Doug.