A friend reported that she's getting the error NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID when trying to sign in to email at connect.xfinity.com using Chrome or Safari. I just tried and was able to reproduce the problem in both browsers. Here is the detail in Safari:
1) Load https://connect.xfinity.com
2) A large error message appears: "This Connection Is Not Private". "This website may be impersonating "connect.xfinity.com" to steal your personal or financial information. You should go back to the previous page."
3) Click "Show Details"
4) Error message appears, "Safari warns you when a website has a certificate that is not valid. This may happen if the website is misconfigured or an attacker has compromised your connection. To learn more, you can view the certificate. If you understand the risks invovled, you can visit this website.
5) Click on "view the certificate"
6) A window appears with these details:
COMODO RSA Certification Authority
COMODO RSA Organization Validation Secure Server CA
Issued by: COMODO RSA Organization Validation Secure Server CA
Expires: Wednesday, February 9, 2022 at 6:59:59 PM Easter Standard Time
x This certificate was signed by an untrusted issuer
Does this have anything to do with the Sectigo AddTrust External CA Root expiration on May 30, 2020? That is when this problem started.
possible work around for this is:
after selecting "show details"
select to proceed to going to the website and confirm then it may ask to update setting, go ahead and update and then it will ask you to enter your comcast password, after that it should allow you to get into your email already.