Community Forum

"Select All" box missing. at top of mail list.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

"Select All" box missing. at top of mail list.

Received a message today about the "Compose" email has been updated. It looks as if it has been. Noticed that after this update the "Select All" check box at the top of the email list is missing. What happened to this as it is relied upon to change status for Webmail as well as third party clients.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: "Select All" box missing. at top of mail list.

According to another Expert in the forums, @Again, hover your mouse pointer over the spot where "Select all" used to be and you should see "All".  It's interesting because I have Comcast accounts in two states---------Florida and Michigan.  The Florida-based account still shows "Select all", but my Michigan account shows-----------------------

All icon.PNG

Go figure

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

As of this moment, the "Select All" check box is visible. Maybe it has been fixed.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

At this moment the "Select All" check box is missing......again. Is there someting I need do to fix this issue?

Highlighted
Expert

@microjoel wrote:

At this moment the "Select All" check box is missing......again. Is there someting I need do to fix this issue?

I just got a pop-up this morning telling me about the change to the Compose window.  Looks like this will be the new normal.  The problem I'm seeing is that the "All" icon appears to be non-functional yet.  You can't actually select all the messages, as that option is greyed-out in the menu you get clicking on it.  I'm hoping to get better information on what's going on.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Expert

You no longer have to check a box to delete all. Just click All and choose Delete all messages in the menu.

delete all.JPG

Highlighted
Expert

@rightfooted wrote:

You no longer have to check a box to delete all. Just click All and choose Delete all messages in the menu.

delete all.JPG

AHA!  I think I've figured out what's going on.  In the image below note that I have selected 5 messages in the Inbox list manually.  Then I Right-Click on one of them and get the menu you see here----------------------

New Right-Click Menu in Mail list.PNG

So what they have essentially done is to restore the right-click function on messages in the list that was lost back when the Appsuite software was first adopted.

Highlighted
Expert

And right-clicking on a single message gives a slightly different meu-----------------

2nd Right-click on one message.PNG

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Well, you have functionality that I do not. No right click menu at all.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

And.....BTW....the "Select All" check box is back.

Highlighted
Expert

@microjoel wrote:

Well, you have functionality that I do not. No right click menu at all.

I have now duplicated the right-click menus using IE-11, Firefox and Vivaldi.  In Firefox there was about a 6 second delay between the click and the menu appearing.  What browser are you using?

Highlighted
Expert

Selected emails can still be deleted by clicking the trash can.

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@microjoel wrote: And.....BTW....the "Select All" check box is back.

It may not stay. Comcast seems to be randomly switching between Appsuite webmail version 7.8.4-6-107 which has a "Select All" checkbox, and version 7.10.0-1-3 which has an oddly-named "All" dropdown instead. You can check the version by clicking the upper right gear icon, then About.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Using latest version of Firefox. Still have the check box. Good thing...

Highlighted
New Poster

I chatted with a comcast support person today about this and they could not help- none of the right clicking or the drop down from "All" will select all of the messages at once anymore.  I don't want to delete all of my messages or mark them all read at once!?  Another arbitrary "update"!  If it aint' broke...why remove that option??

Highlighted
New Poster

I chatted with comcast today and it disappeared in the last update for some dumb reason.  Hopefully they will fix it.

Highlighted
New Poster

I am using the latest version of Firefox also-  box still gone

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@ewmadd wrote: I am using the latest version of Firefox also-  box still gone

Please see my post at https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/Appsuite-webmail-v7-10-0-1-3/m-p/3276335#M213220 and the reply by employee . Apparently some form of Select All will be restored . . . someday.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you Sir! Good info...hope the fix actually comes into fruition..soon.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank goodness this is, hopefully, being addressed.  I've been using "Select All" for years and suddenly, I'm stuck with the weird "All" drop-down menu.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@rightfooted wrote:

delete all.JPG

But I don't want to delete all.  I want to select all, unselect the messages that I'd like to process and then delete the rest of them.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I get so tired of hearing the same response that you can click on All and Delete all. I don't want to just Delete All. Want to selectively delete or undelete. I would prefer also that the messages aren't marked as read when they are highlighted.

Highlighted
New Poster

SAME here! The option existed before the update.  I think they (COmCAST/Xfinity) have done it on purpose for some sort of marketing purpose.  Call me a conspiracy theorist.  But why else would you take that away?? It can't be that hard to put back.

Highlighted
New Poster

But is it being addressed?? I'm doubtful.

Highlighted
New Poster

Who wants to delete all????

Highlighted
New Poster

I found a work-around of sorts. If you check the top box, and then while holding the select key, click on another box lower down the email list to select all of the emails between the boxes.

Highlighted
New Poster

This is really annoying that they redid this button.  I used to check it and then unselect the emails I didn't want to delete.  Now I have to check each individual  one so they all don't delete or else put the ones I want in a folder and I want them in the in box!  Ugh!

Highlighted
Expert

@qltvic wrote:

This is really annoying that they redid this button.  I used to check it and then unselect the emails I didn't want to delete.  Now I have to check each individual  one so they all don't delete or else put the ones I want in a folder and I want them in the in box!  Ugh!

Just click on any message in the list, then on the keyboard hit Cntrl-A to select the entire list.  Now go ahead and check off the ones you want to de-select and hit the Trashcan icon in the toolbar.