Community Forum

no longer receiving email

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

no longer receiving email

Hello. I am having an issue where I no longer receive email. That email I received was dated 10-15-2019. Can you help?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: no longer receiving email

I need to read my texts more carefully before sending them out. I am no longer receiving any email. The last date that any email was sent to me was dated 10-15-2019. Can you help me?

Highlighted
Expert

@moodakai wrote:

I need to read my texts more carefully before sending them out. I am no longer receiving any email. The last date that any email was sent to me was dated 10-15-2019. Can you help me?

How are you accessing your email?  On a desktop or laptop computer? With only a browser and the webmail interface?  Or with a desktop email client like Thunderbird or Outlook?  Something else?  Have you tried sending yourself a test email from some other non-Comcast account you have like Yahoo or Mail.com?  Does it go through OK?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I have been a Comcast customer for 10+  years. When accessing my email, I use the default link currently from Xfinity (Comcast).  On the last day I had normal service. I was setting up a filter to move email to a specific spot within the email network. Then logged out. The next time I opened my account. I found that no email was being left on my ccount. I eventually deleted the filter i created. But am now only recieving things from the community mailer.

Highlighted
Expert

@moodakai wrote:

I have been a Comcast customer for 10+  years. When accessing my email, I use the default link currently from Xfinity (Comcast).  On the last day I had normal service. I was setting up a filter to move email to a specific spot within the email network. Then logged out. The next time I opened my account. I found that no email was being left on my ccount. I eventually deleted the filter i created. But am now only recieving things from the community mailer.

Did you try sending yourself an email from some other account you have as I suggested above?  Does it work OK then?  How are you accessing the email?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I only use the email from my Comcast account. I used to recieve email from a variety of people from personal to professional sources. Now it zip, zero, nada. At this point. I am going to have to call customer support.