Bodog2's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, January 21st, 2021 8:00 AM

Closed

lost email

I believe my email account has been hacked.  I unknowingly fell for a phishing email from "Xfinity".  I have changed my password. I am not receiving any emails. Have had several folks test email me and nothing comes through.  My address book also has been deleted. What do I do now? Have checked email forwarding, was being forwarded to "bmknightiy". have unchecked forwarding but still nothing coming through.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Problem Solver

• 

530 Messages

3 years ago

@Bodog2 wrote:

I believe my email account has been hacked.  I unknowingly fell for a phishing email from "Xfinity".  I have changed my password. I am not receiving any emails. Have had several folks test email me and nothing comes through.  My address book also has been deleted. What do I do now? Have checked email forwarding, was being forwarded to "bmknightiy". have unchecked forwarding but still nothing coming through.

Most situations like this result from a weak password. This might be some help:

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/resources/tips-articles/what-do-i-do-when-my-email-has-been-hacked-and-spam-is-sent-to-my-contacts

Contributor

• 

350 Messages

3 years ago

Hi there! I truly apologize for the delay, and I'd be glad to ensure that this gets looked into further. Please click on my handle (ComcastRob) and send a private message with your name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, and any pertinent details-- like the ticket number(s)-- so we can help. 

Contributor

• 

350 Messages

3 years ago

@Bodog2

Hi there! I truly apologize for the delay, and I'd be glad to ensure that this gets looked into further. Please click on my handle (ComcastRob) and send a private message with your name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, and any pertinent details-- like the ticket number(s)-- so we can help. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here