Community Forum

lost email

Bodog2
Regular Visitor

lost email

I believe my email account has been hacked.  I unknowingly fell for a phishing email from "Xfinity".  I have changed my password. I am not receiving any emails. Have had several folks test email me and nothing comes through.  My address book also has been deleted. What do I do now? Have checked email forwarding, was being forwarded to "bmknightiy". have unchecked forwarding but still nothing coming through.

MikeB39A
Problem Solver

Re: lost email

@Bodog2 wrote:

I believe my email account has been hacked.  I unknowingly fell for a phishing email from "Xfinity".  I have changed my password. I am not receiving any emails. Have had several folks test email me and nothing comes through.  My address book also has been deleted. What do I do now? Have checked email forwarding, was being forwarded to "bmknightiy". have unchecked forwarding but still nothing coming through.

Most situations like this result from a weak password. This might be some help:

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/resources/tips-articles/what-do-i-do-when-my-email-has-been-hacked-and...

ComcastRob
Official Employee

Hi there! I truly apologize for the delay, and I'd be glad to ensure that this gets looked into further. Please click on my handle (ComcastRob) and send a private message with your name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, and any pertinent details-- like the ticket number(s)-- so we can help. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
ComcastRob
Official Employee

@Bodog2

Hi there! I truly apologize for the delay, and I'd be glad to ensure that this gets looked into further. Please click on my handle (ComcastRob) and send a private message with your name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, and any pertinent details-- like the ticket number(s)-- so we can help. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!