JVG's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, February 1st, 2019 9:00 AM

Closed

links in email no longer opening

Links in xfinity email (Chrome Browser) are no longer opening, so no shopping sites, no facebook link, etc. Although this was presented previously, this just started yesterday (1/31/2019) for me.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

5 years ago

@Jbartonp wrote:

I wasted over an hour on the phone with "support" yesterday on this issue. I'm sorry, but using another browser or restarting xfinity everytime I check email is nonsense. This is obviously an issue on their end that they can not, or do not, want to fix. Disappointed.

Check out this message and see if the solution works for you.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

As of a day or 2 ago, I am having the same problem! Not one hyperlink in my Comcast (only, as I have gmail accounts) emails will work. Since I use my Chromebook all the time, there is NO other browser. How is this not a Comcast problem?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Yes, turning off my pop-up blocker also fixed my problem with Comcast email hyperlinks not working.  But, this is NOT the preferred way to work; it was working for more than 2.5 years and all of a sudden didn't. ??? I prefer to have the blocker on.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Try right clicking the hyperlinc, and open in new tab. That seems to be a temporary solution.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Had the same problem.  Removed Comcast from list of blocked pop up sites and it also worked.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks Jeff. I added connect.xfinity.com to allow popups setting in Chrome, and now links work. That way, I can leave pop up blocker on for everything else that I want blocked.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Open the email then right click on the link.  A dialogue box will open and you will have a choice that says "Open link in new tab."  A little more complicated but it works.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here