Community Forum

iPhone Mail app: The mail server "imap.comcast.net" is not responding

New Poster

iPhone Mail app: The mail server "imap.comcast.net" is not responding

Suddenly this week I am no longer able to receive my Comcast emails on my iPhone Mail app.  I have verified the account settings, made certain the password was correct and no luck.  I continue to get a message:  The mail server "imap.comcast.net" is not not responding.  I called customer support and spoke to 7 really unhelpful people who were mystified by the problem and got not resoultion.  This has been working on my phone for years.  Any ideas for a fix?

New Poster

Re: iPhone Mail app: The mail server "imap.comcast.net" is not responding

delete form Iphone andre-add - just worked for me

New Poster

I had the same issue, because I had changed my Comcast password, but the iPhone didn’t update it for Outlook. It’s an iPhone flaw, not Comcast.

Go into Settings, Passwords and Accounts, and then select Comcast. Select your account under IMAP. Where it says Incoming Mail Server, enter your current password on the third line. Hit Done, and then open Outlook. Click on any folder, and it will update.

Good Luck 👍🏻
Regular Visitor

Worked for me on iphone & ipad-but only after much fussing with both username & password and getting both verified. Why is Apple so touchy? Thanks!