Community Forum

how to 'add mail account'

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

how to 'add mail account'

i am having trouble setting up an add a mail account in the mail tab section of xfinity.  I got an 'auto configuration failed'  do you want to configure your account manually. 

i tried to use these instructions to no avail

Email SettingsWhen your program asks you to set up your email, use these settings to connect your Comcast email: how do i fill out the account name?  how do i fill out 'your name'

• Incoming Mail Server Name: imap.comcast.net
  • Incoming Mail Server Port Number: 993 with SSL ON
  • If the Mail Client lets you select an authentication method, choose STARTTLS.
    • If Needed: 143 with SSL ON
  • Outgoing Mail Server Name: smtp.comcast.net
  • Outgoing Mail Server Port Number: 587 (SMTP)
    • If Needed: 465 (SMTPS)
  • Encryption: TLS (use SSL if TLS isn't shown.)
  • Authentication: Type in your Comcast username and password

Highlighted
Expert

Re: how to 'add mail account'

@intheweb wrote:

i am having trouble setting up an add a mail account in the mail tab section of xfinity.  I got an 'auto configuration failed'  do you want to configure your account manually. 

i tried to use these instructions to no avail

Email SettingsWhen your program asks you to set up your email, use these settings to connect your Comcast email: how do i fill out the account name?  how do i fill out 'your name'

• Incoming Mail Server Name: imap.comcast.net
  • Incoming Mail Server Port Number: 993 with SSL ON
  • If the Mail Client lets you select an authentication method, choose STARTTLS.
    • If Needed: 143 with SSL ON
  • Outgoing Mail Server Name: smtp.comcast.net
  • Outgoing Mail Server Port Number: 587 (SMTP)
    • If Needed: 465 (SMTPS)
  • Encryption: TLS (use SSL if TLS isn't shown.)
  • Authentication: Type in your Comcast username and password

In web mail are you trying to add an external email account like from Gmail, Yahoo, outlook.com?  Or an internal @comcast.net account?  Or are you trying to set up a desktop email client?

Account name is yourusername@comcast.net or some other email address and "your name" is your name.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: how to 'add mail account'

Thanks for your reply.  I setup a 2nd email user account address in my xfinity account and want to add that email address to the xfinity email section of the xfinity.com site.