Community Forum

help get email back on at&t not Ifinty

Highlighted
New Poster

help get email back on at&t not Ifinty

Apparently I did something to my emails while trying to fix something else. 

My emails were on my at&t account and now I can only access from going into my Ifinity account how can I switch them back. Please help

Highlighted
Expert

Re: help get email back on at&t not Ifinty

Can you clarify-------do you mean you have both accounts enabled in a desktop client like Outlook or Thunderbird?  Or the mail app on a mobile device?  Did you somehow manage to send emails from one to the other?  Exactly what is going on?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

My email was on my comcast accout on my computer now I have to access it on my Ifinity account. I'm not sure how to switch it back

Highlighted
Expert

@Khags1 wrote:

My email was on my comcast accout on my computer now I have to access it on my Xfinity account. I'm not sure how to switch it back

Comcast = Xfinity = yourusername@comcast.net

So, are you accessing your email using a browser like Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, [which would be called webmail] and then logging into your webmail from the Xfinity homepage?  Or are you using a desktop email program [client] like Outlook, Outlook365, Thunderbird, etc.? 

You originally said, "My emails were on my at&t account and now I can only access from going into my Ifinity account how can I switch them back."  Your post is very confusing.  Do you have an email account with AT&T as well as with Comcast?  Is there a cell phone involved with any of this?

Please be as specific as possible.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!