Community Forum

getting a code

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

getting a code

Each time I want to get on my Xfinity mail, I have to get a code to do so.  this just started a day or so ago.  Why is this happening?

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: getting a code

@josieburns7 wrote:

Each time I want to get on my Xfinity mail, I have to get a code to do so.  this just started a day or so ago.  Why is this happening?

Is this what you are using to get your mail?

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&folder=default0/INBOX

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Why do I have to get a code each time I sign into xfinity, which might be 10 times a day.  Before I do that I have to put in a passcode.  This is getting so rediculous, I am almost wishing computors were never invented (Ijust kidding).

But it is getting very tiring and each time I have to wait and wait losing more and more time.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

No, I go to Safari and go to Xfinity and it comes up.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@josieburns7 you have two-factor authentication enabled. When signing in, try checking the box that says "keep me signed in" and it should reduce the amount of times you have to enter the code. Additionally, you can try the Multi-Factor Authenticaiton, which would just send a notification to your smartphone on the app to hit "approve" or "deny" on the sign-in attempt. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

you are the only one that said anything.  Thank you.