Community Forum

email reply function not working properly

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

email reply function not working properly

When I go to reply to an email the body of the email does not copy into the reply email.  It works as it should when I select "reply all" and the body of the email is in the "reply all" email.  But, when I use just a single "reply", the body of the email is not copied into the "Reply" email.

Is this a problem with only my email or is it wide-spread?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: email reply function not working properly

I cannot duplicate what you are describing.  On the Inbox page click on the gear icon in the upper right corner, then on Settings>>>>>Mail>>>>>Compose.  Look under Advanced settings-------is the box checked to include the body in the reply?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I went into the settings and the include email in reply is checked.  Thanks for the reply.

Highlighted
Expert

OK then----------

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I tried clearing my browser's (Firefox) cache/browsing history, closed the browser and restarted it.  Now both "reply" and "reply all" do not work.  I get an email header, but no box to reply in and my original message is not there.  I still need help to get both "reply" and "Reply all" to work.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I just tried using "reply" in Chrome and it worked properly.  It still is not working in Firefox.  Any suggestions on how I can get it to work in Firefox?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Now I feel stupid.  I shut down my computer and restarted it --- it fixed the problem.  My email replay is now working perfectly in Firefox.