Community Forum

email forwarding

Highlighted
New Poster

email forwarding

I was blocked from forwarding an email to others, why am I being censored?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: email forwarding

@jlfogle47 wrote:

I was blocked from forwarding an email to others, why am I being censored?

Did you get an error message, and if so, what was it exactly?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

The ! Error message was exactly "An error has occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request."  That came up when I tried to attach a video to an email.  I also was prevented from forwarding the same email with that attachment.  Sounds like censorship to me!

Highlighted
Official Employee

how large is the video file? refer to: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/limitations-on-sending-email

also, i saw in our server logs that there are quite a few instances where it looks like an email client is failing authentication when trying to send emails. Please update the outbound server password if you are using any email client(s) for email. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

15.8 MB.

Highlighted
Official Employee

and how are you sending the email

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

Trying to forward to email contacts in my address book, 4 total.  Do you have other questions instead of one at a time?

Highlighted
New Poster

I have also forwarded other emails with larger attachments after the one that failed several times.

Highlighted
Official Employee

to rephrase, how are you accessing your email.

Highlighted
New Poster

Signing on to Xfinity.com and selecting email icon, is that what you mean?

Highlighted
Official Employee

yes, have you ever used anything else to access your email aside from xfinity.com

Highlighted
New Poster

No, not in 15 + years.  I just tried to forward the email again, wouldn't allow it.

Highlighted
Official Employee

gotcha, i checked the server logs again and its still showing that something connected to your home network is trying to send emails over port 465(SMTP), but has the wrong password. It is trying to send emails over and over again, telling our server its under attack. The server in response is slowing down the amount of times an email can be sent because of this. You will want to check your cellphones, tablets, and any email clients (Thunderbird, Outlook, Windows Live Mail, etc.) to see if an account has been attempted to be set up for sending/receiving emails. This could also be something automated like a security system or printer that sends email notifications that you can troubleshoot as well. In the last 4 hours it has tried to send emails 62 times. Once you find the device, re-enter the correct password or disable it and wait a few hours before trying again. Issue should be resolved as soon as it stops sending emails and giving our server the wrong password.