Community Forum

deleting emails

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

deleting emails

This has just started: Every time I want to delete an email I'm asked, "Are you sure you want to delete this email?" It just started asking me this and I want to shut it off because it's very annoying. Before I just deleted it.  Now I get asked.  Thank you.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: deleting emails

How are you accessing the email?  With a desktop email client like Outlook or Thunderbird?  Or the mail app on a mobile device?  Something else?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Here's my response: I'm receiving email through Xfinity on my Mac Book Pro (laptop) using Chrome. You see, I have 3 email accounts with Xfinity and the others are not having this problem of asking me every time  if I want to delete when before I just hit the delete button. It only does this on one of my xfinity accounts and it just began recently. It's not a big issue, but it's annoying and not something I requested.

Thanks for any help you can offer. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

To Latoque: 

I answered earlier but don't think it was directed to you: 

Here's my response: I'm receiving email through Xfinity on my Mac Book Pro (laptop) using Chrome. You see, I have 3 email accounts with Xfinity and the others are not having this problem of asking me every time  if I want to delete when before I just hit the delete button. It only does this on one of my xfinity accounts and it just began recently. It's not a big issue, but it's annoying and not something I requested.

Highlighted
Expert

@cookie978 wrote:

To Latoque: 

I answered earlier but don't think it was directed to you: 

When you are signed into the problematic account--------------

Try clearing out Chrome's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close it out and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!