Community Forum

adding extra email address

Contributor

adding extra email address

I would like to add an extra email address for online ordering to stop my main address from being deluged wtith junk.

I have Outlook 365 & use Itunes to sync my Iphone calendar with with my Outlook calendar. 

I have understood that i need to use pop3 to sync my Outlook calendar with Itunes/Apple devices.

I have tried numerous times to set up this extra email address via Outlook and from the Xfinity site trying pop3 and imap and every conceivable combination of settings and i am rejected every time. 

When i try it from within Outlook it just says "something went wrong" and offers useless "help."

The last time i tried it from the Xfintity site I got a message that I had "invalid credentials."

Please advise how i can set up this additional email address to be used with Outlook and my Iphone.  Thanks.

Expert

Re: adding extra email address

In the Comcast webmail, there is no provision for the use of traditional aliases, if that's what you are looking for.  You can get another Comcast email address by creating a secondary account.  If that is what you mean see here----------------------

You can have up to 6 secondary accounts in addition to your Primary. Here are the instructions-------

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/adding-new-user-names-or-email-addresses/

I don't understand what you mean by trying to set up an email address in Outlook.  Outlook is an email client, not an email provider.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Maybe I should have said setting up another email address VIA Outlook. Supposedly, that could be done. 

As for setting up another account, I may have tried that too, but i will give it another shot. 

Expert

You have to actually create another email account under My Account before you can add it to your Outlook.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!