Community Forum

Xfinity requests for "additional email" upon initial sign in

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity requests for "additional email" upon initial sign in

I'm presented with this prompt immediately after already entering my email address and password.  "It" won't accept addresses ending with: comcast.net (such as mine), nor xfinity.com

So what's the objective?  I don't have any other email addresses.  Thanks

FrankBordash_0-1601572630136.png

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity requests for "additional email" upon initial sign in

No one can see the image you posted yet becausxe it has to be approved by the forum administrator.  That might take a day or two.  But I assume you are referring to the setup instruction for when you first created your user ID for the account?  If that is the case, it's a security thing.  The alternate email address would be used for account recovery in the event your account got compromised by a hacker.  It has to be an email address you have from some other email provider like Yahoo, Gmail, Outlook.com or some other.  A lot of other providers do the same thing.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity requests for "additional email" upon initial sign in

Thanks for the response.  I've been an Xfinity email user for multi-years.  This prompt initially appeared within the past month.  My work-around: EXIT from the prompt, re-enter user id / password, and I'm there.  There is no option on the prompt such as: "I don't have another address" or "skip".