Community Forum

Xfinity password reset issue

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity password reset issue

I've been getting the Xfinity password reset request page appox every 2 days after the password change. Everytime I call customer service and ask to please escalate this issue. As of today, this will be the sixth time that I reset my password. No one can tell me what is causing this. I have not changed anything on my computer.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity password reset issue

i've checked the password reset history and looks like the instances so far are due to unique reasons. Most recent one was processed due to a large volume of countries signing into the account. Another instances was due to likely compromised IP space accessing the account (this is usually a single IP signing into a large amount of accounts simultaneously). Have you run Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware scans on your devices recently? I would also recommend enabling Two-Step Verification as well.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!