CBNB's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, February 17th, 2020 5:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity password reset issue

I've been getting the Xfinity password reset request page appox every 2 days after the password change. Everytime I call customer service and ask to please escalate this issue. As of today, this will be the sixth time that I reset my password. No one can tell me what is causing this. I have one other @comcast.net email account and that is not having any issue. I have not changed anything on my side other than typical Win10 updates. I'm using Outlook on a Win10 system and a iphone. 

Accepted Solution

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Official Employee apparently has corrected my issue. No explanation as to the reason. I've been issue free for 5 days now.
Not sure if my Norton VPN service was the cause. I just turned it back on today. "PM" is Private Message. 

Right click the link. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

no takers on this issue? Must be something only someone knwoledgeable with the comcast code for security. Something is triggering this issue. 

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I will try this the next time it happens. I was told by Comcast support that the problem may be that I log in using different devices such as a phone, a tablet and a Chromebook. I really don't think that's the answer,but I appreciate your input.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I have had the exact same issue. Called several times. Finally today was escalated to level 2 and then level 3. Was given a case number and told someone would contact me. NO, not yet and that was 5 hours ago.

Joel in Belmont

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

@CBNB wrote:

no takers on this issue? Must be something only someone knwoledgeable with the comcast code for security. Something is triggering this issue. 

I don't have Outlook, but try this------------go into the Settings in Outlook and disable the account.  Then disable it on the phone.  Now on the computer, sign into the account using only the webmail interface and your browser.  Does the account now work normally with no further password requests?

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for your suggestion, I’ve considered the process of elimination.
Id hope that someone at comcast could see why in order to make corrections.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

@CBNB i've sent you a PM

@joelmiller4 i sent one to you as well

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

This has happened to me also.  After dealing with customer service I was given the security number and they could not tell me anything other than that I must have typed in the wrong password three times (I did NOT and I got zero messages that I did).  This is very frustrating as I have to set the firesticks again and every device every few days.  I guess I will have to call AGAIN on this.  I will ask that it get escalated.  

I have two step verification, so I would know if anyone has logged into my account. 

HELP!

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

I think i may have identified what was causing this issue and put a fix in place, if you continue to have issues, feel free to PM me directly with the details. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@ComcastCSAEmail

Everything is working fine and suddenly in the past few days Outlook wants me to enter my password.  The password is correct.  In one of my boxes I sent a couple emails and it suddenly started working again.  The other box I tried that but it is still broken on my PC but appears to be good on my phone.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Not sure what PM means, but what is theh fix?  I have had this password reset problem ever since installing Norton VPN service.   

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for everyone's help on this issue. I now believe that this problem was caused by another issue.

I volunteer to do taxes for AARP and as such we use a controlled Chromebook. If we want to check our own Gmail, we need to open what is called an "incognito" window as we are not using our own google accts for this device. My Gmail had a forwarding acct from my Xfinity account. Thus if I try to open Gmail using "incognito", I belive that this causes some sort of compromise or "attack" and thus forces a new Xfinity password.

I have stopped doing this and so far I have not had to change my Xfinity pw in almost 2 weeks.

I am hoping that this was the cause of the forced pw resets.

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

4 years ago

I was reading about email fraud and decided to change my comcast email password.   I am a heavy apple email user, iphone, mac, occasionally ipad.   Comcast handled the pw change fine, apple fell apart.   I changed the comcast/xfinity password on the xfinity web interface.   Once I did that all my apple mail fell apart, it would not sign into comcast on any platform even though I was giving it the new xfinity password.   in my opinion the only way to handle a comcast pw change with apple is to delete the accounts and re-add them.   That's not as destructive as it might seem.  Because of Imap, you don't lose any email history when you do this.  So save yourself some time, if you change your comcast password, just delete and re-add your apple email accounts.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have been having a similar issue occur with my account for the last 2-3 months. Every week I am forced to change my password due to "security issues" being detected. I then have to change the password on my phone and mail-app on my computer. It is extremely frustrating. 

Also, I have the 2-step verification set up, so I would know if someone was trying to access my account. I have spent hours on the phone with customer service and the security division and no one has been helpful. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here