Community Forum

Xfinity blocking a legitimate website

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Xfinity blocking a legitimate website

We are unable to access our own secure website www.Selfmadewoman.com when on xfinity Internet and our customers that use xfinity are having the same problem. Says it is an unsafe website which it is not. Please help!
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity blocking a legitimate website

I just opened the page using Firefox and Edge over an Xfinity connection.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

@Bc1delaney wrote:
We are unable to access our own secure website www.Selfmadewoman.com when on xfinity Internet and our customers that use xfinity are having the same problem. Says it is an unsafe website which it is not. Please help!

Try disabling the Xfi Advanced Security feature as a work-around for now and see. It's buggy ! And there is currently no way for an end-user to be able to whitelist anything;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-xfi-advanced-security

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks but this is not a viable solution as our customers that use xfinity are experiencing the same problem. This problem only exists on Xfinity, works fine on AT&T and other internet providers and works fine on cellular data. Xfinity needs to fix this.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

It appears to be affecting xfinity customers that have their once paid but now free "Advanced Sceurity" enabled. It works for me everywhere except on my xfinity wifi and our customers who use xfinity. Spent 4 hours on the phone with Comcast/Xfinity and they have been no help at all. There seems to be no way to get to the department that can fix this problem. Multiple written request to them for help have gone unanswered. So I paying to be a customer of Comcast so they can blacklist my website to my customers that use their internet service and disrupt our income. Anyone else see the problem here?