Community Forum

Xfinity Connect app will not send emails.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Connect app will not send emails.

Outbound emails are not being sent from 3rd party applications (iOS Mail, MS-Outlook).  The emails stay in the Outbox, with the following error messages: "resomta-po-15v.sys.comcast.net resomta-po-15v.sys.comcast.net CSI IP __________ is not permitted to send messages. Please contact support if you feel this is in error"  and "The smtp.comcast.net server is not responding."  The problem surfaced one week ago, and has persisted except for an approximate one hour period on Thursday when it worked normally.  

Comcast Customer Security Assurance tier 2 recommended using the Xfinity Connect app.  However same problem is occurring with the following error message, "Your email failed to send and has been saved to the Drafts folder."

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity Connect app will not send emails.

I'm having the same issue, except my unsent emails are going to Outbox. Come on Xfininty!

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Connect app will not send emails.

Can you PM me the IP address? also, are you by chance using a VPN when trying to send?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!