Community Forum

Why am I all of a sudden being asked to type in challenge letters to get into e-mail?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Why am I all of a sudden being asked to type in challenge letters to get into e-mail?

I've had the same e-mail for ten years.

Today I am being asked to type 4 moving letters as a challenge to get into my mail.

First time this has ever happened and out of the blue.

Why is this happening all of a sudden???

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Why am I all of a sudden being asked to type in challenge letters to get into e-mail?

I'm curious-------how are you accessing the email?  I don't think I've ever seen this come up before in the forum.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Why am I all of a sudden being asked to type in challenge letters to get into e-mail?

I am accessing xfinity from the web on my desktop.   The same computer for many years. 

I go to Comcast.net and then hit the mail icon then type in my mail and password........this time it also had the 4 challenge letters as well......Now it is back to normal, but that was very very strange.