Community Forum

Using VPN disables ability to send email...

Highlighted
New Poster

Using VPN disables ability to send email...

I am using an Xfinity router on my system and have no problems sending or receiving email IF my Bitdefender VPN is turned off. However, when VPN is on, I get the following "flags. Please advise.

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 4.56.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 4.57.33 PM.png

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Using VPN disables ability to send email...

The images you posted aren't visible. They all look like this:

HfImgPlcHldr.gif

It's probably because the images require moderator approval. That might take some time, from a few hours to a day or so. Alternatively, you could upload the images to a file sharing site and post links to them here, or post text instead of images.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@GarE29 

Hello,

I’ve sent you a PM to gather more info.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

One message says, “Online Status. The following alerts are from the IMAP server for “Comcast “: Temporarily blacklisted IP address - try again later” Attempts to try again give me the same response.

The other one says, Online Status Temporarily blacklisted IP Address - try again later

Both types of messages have a choice for cancel or try again. Neither works. When I turn off the Bitdefender VPN, the email works fine.