gritsngravy's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, May 4th, 2020 6:00 PM

Closed

Username change

I just activated my email account but the default username portion of the address is not what I want. How do I edit/update it read [my choice] @comcast.net....

I tried by going into "Accounts", then clicking on edit for username, confirming password and typing in new username but I get "unknown provisioning service error". 

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

@gritsngravy can you PM me your email so i can look into this further for you

@Ginaberard you cant just change the username/email and then change it back. The old username goes into whats called a reserve pool. Its basically a waiting list before being able to re-create the original username and the process takes at least 30 days before its available again. PM me the details and i can manually clear it so you can create the username again. 

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Following...same error code...I changed my email to test something and then immediately tried to change it back but I can’t ...tech support chat said I had to wait up to 72 hour for my old email to be provisioned but it has been longer and still getting the same error...

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you!!! That would be wonderful!!! Do I just provide the info right here?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

@Ginaberard click my name and then click "Send Message" to Private Message me. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hello, I am also having this problem.  The system first was giving me an invalid password error when my email app on my phone was trying to sync.   When I logged in via a web browser, the sytem prompted me to change my username, which I did, thinking I could change it back.  Now it's not letting me change it back.  Can you reset it so I can change it back to my old u/n?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here