Community Forum

Undeliverable email

Highlighted
New Poster

Undeliverable email

I sent an email. It went to an old email address mistakenly, so it did not go through. I received a Mailer-daemon telling me it did not go through. Then it tried again, and sent a Mailer-daemon, then again, then again, and again. And it started again the next day. every few hours. I deleted the old email adress from my contact. HOW DO I STOP THIS EMAIL from from attempting to send over and over?

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Undeliverable email

@rbinvest wrote:

I sent an email. It went to an old email address mistakenly, so it did not go through. I received a Mailer-daemon telling me it did not go through. Then it tried again, and sent a Mailer-daemon, then again, then again, and again. And it started again the next day. every few hours. I deleted the old email adress from my contact. HOW DO I STOP THIS EMAIL from from attempting to send over and over?

What did you use to send the email?  What device and what app/email client/browser?  Could be an option/setting somewhere to retry failed attempts.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
New Poster

I used my Macbook pro, Via Mac MAIL, to send the email.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

@rbinvest wrote:

I used my Macbook pro, Via Mac MAIL, to send the email.

Here's a discussion I found with a simple 'macMail resend email' search:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7502778

Not sure if it helps, but a similar issue to yours.  Sounds like a mail server issue, not a mail client issue.  What do you have configured for your outgoing mail server?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@rbinvest wrote: ... HOW DO I STOP THIS EMAIL from from attempting to send over and over?

You can't. As the linked article above states, mail servers are typically configured to retry delivery every few hours for a period of several days. Then they will give up, usually sending you a final "delivery abandoned" message.