mg50500's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Saturday, December 21st, 2019 3:00 AM

Closed

Unblock all websites

Is there a way to disable this SafeBrowse.io thing entirely? I use my connection heavily for work and Xfinity is causing me a huge headache.

I'm trying to access the following website to download software I have paid for. http://downloads.arturia.net/products/mini-v/soft/Mini_V3_3_5_1_3457.exe&token=00afd320#

I keep getting this dreaded message.

Hold On!
We blocked access to
This site might compromise your device or contain dangerous content.
To avoid these risks, close this window and skip this site.

Proceed Anyway

"Proceed anyways" does nothing. Using the "Allow Access" override in the xFi app does nothing. Please give me a workaround.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

4 years ago

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Were you able to figure out a way around this stupidity?  I'm trying to download software I have purchased from Arturia but comcast is blocking it.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Having the same issue when trying to download just the arturia software center

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

There was no way around it. I have had to purchase a VPN subscription to continue working in the way I need to. Only a matter of time before Comcast blocks that too...

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

The new way to fix this is by going to xFi and disabling advanced security under my services in the more menu.

Contributor

• 

94 Messages

4 years ago

@Adam245 wrote:
The new way to fix this is by going to xFi and disabling advanced security under my services in the more menu.

Thank you, @Adam245, they really had that option hidden well.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

That works, thanks

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Yes...as of Feb 4th 2020 this will do.

You probably got here because a site your going to was blocked.

The blocking site may have read safebrowse.io.  The "proceed anyway" link just reloads the site...which just get blocked again!

Using the Xfinity website (there is alternatly the Xfinity xFi phone app)

1: Login to xfinity account.

2: Click the wifi icon on the tool bar. If you hold the mouse over it the tool tip will show Xfinity xFi.

(wifi icon is to the left of the phone icon)

3: You should now be at https://internet.xfinity.com/ 

4: Click on More...you will land here https://internet.xfinity.com/more 

5: Click on My Services.

6: You will be at xFi Advanced Security...click Disable (or Enable).

7: You will be presented with a toggle button to select enable or disable.

It says to wait about 10 minutes for change to take effect

Contributor

• 

94 Messages

4 years ago

@jimster99 wrote: ... Funny thing is that I can get in using my iPhone. Some genius programmer at work, no doubt.

Are you able to get to the blocked website while your phone is on WiFi? The Comcast safebrowse.io hook (if enabled) affects anything using their network. If it affects only your computer, maybe there is a browser add-on or toolbar on the computer that is causing this?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I've tried this several times from my MacBook. No progress... the browser always reverts to the protect mode and I cannot get into the site I've used for some time. Funny thing is that I can get in using my iPhone. Some genius programmer at work, no doubt.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Thank you!!!!!!!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

@Adam245 wrote:

Thankyou.  That worked.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here