Community Forum

Temporary failure mailer-daemon@comcast.net over and over and over and over......

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Temporary failure mailer-daemon@comcast.net over and over and over and over......

Keep getting these emails because of one email address in a large distribution list. Seems that the answers to the issue have been archived. Does anyone know how to get these emails to stop coming? I changed my password just in case it was something security-related. Thanks for the help.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Temporary failure mailer-daemon@comcast.net over and over and over and over......

would need more context here. Feel free to PM me or post here with the message you receive, but if you post it in here, please remove any email addresses and/or personal information. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Temporary failure mailer-daemon@comcast.net over and over and over and over......

This is text of the message. I replaced the real username with "username".  It comes from mailer-daemon@comcast.net.

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.     

Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 49.2 hour(s):

* username@icloud.com

Reason: Temporary Failure

Highlighted
Official Employee

that looks like a standard deliverability error. For some reason the server was unable to send the email you had addressed to that user. Were there any attachments indicating any kind of specific error code? (usually 3 numbers with a string following, like XXX X.X.X)

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

No code. Just the original attachment I had sent in the email.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Now it's changed from temporary to permanent error. Still no code.

Official Employee

can you click on my name and PM(Send Message) me the details of your email that you are getting these emails on and the email referenced in the error?