Community Forum

Suddenly can’t open email attachments

Highlighted
New Poster

Suddenly can’t open email attachments

Every time I open try to open any email attachments in the last two weeks, it says “ERROR. File cannot be saved”. Until the last couple of weeks, I have always been able to open my email attachments. I have turned my phone off a couple of times and turned it back on but no change. What do I need to do in order to open them and view them again?
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Suddenly can’t open email attachments

I have the same problem, along with not being able to reply or forward emails from the Xfinity Connect app. Surely there’s a solution to this!
Highlighted
Expert

@drollene wrote:
Every time I open try to open any email attachments in the last two weeks, it says “ERROR. File cannot be saved”. Until the last couple of weeks, I have always been able to open my email attachments. I have turned my phone off a couple of times and turned it back on but no change. What do I need to do in order to open them and view them again?

Have you tried logging into webmail and opening the attachments there?  If you're successful, you might want to consider deleting the app from your phone and then downloading a fresh copy of whatever email app you're using [you should be using the Connect app] and set it up again and see if that solves the problem.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Yes, everything works fine on webmail. I was considering uninstalling/reinstalling the Connect app but wasn’t sure that would help. I haven’t been notified that there’s an updated version of the app
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

OK, I uninstalled and reinstalled Xfinity Connect app, and now everything seems to be back to normal. Thanks very much!
Highlighted
Expert

@BookGal wrote:
OK, I uninstalled and reinstalled Xfinity Connect app, and now everything seems to be back to normal. Thanks very much!

You're quite welcome!  I'm glad it worked for you!  🙂

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

That worked for me too - thank you!!!

Highlighted
New Poster

Need help solving inability to open attachments with email
Highlighted
Expert

@Do1046 wrote:
Need help solving inability to open attachments with email

You need to give us more information.

How are you accessing your email? webmail or an email client?

What kind of attachments are they?

Are you getting any error messages?