Community Forum

Subject line not functional

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Subject line not functional

My email client that does not work says it is Version 7.10.3-0-78  Does anyone know if this is the latest version?

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@marksilverberg wrote: ... it is Version 7.10.3-0-78  Does anyone know if this is the latest version?

That's the version I have, which works fine in Firefox, although some users have reported the problem you are having when used with Edge.

Highlighted
New Poster

So, for the last 2 days my Comcast email is back to normal...all line entries work as they should AND I'm now ablw to click on a link in the body of my email and open it from there. (before I'd need to right click on the link and "open link in new tab")

I've reset my browser to Google Chrome: Select Settings: Apps, Default Apps, Set defaults by apps (in red, last line), select the Google Chrome icon, then hit "Manage",  select all the "Edge apps and change to Google Chrome 

As I said, so far so good. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

We have rolled out the fix for this to everyone as of late last night/early this morning. Update *You may have to refresh or close and reopen your browser to see the results of the fix. 

This should resolve the issue with Windows users that was introduced by the latest version of Microsoft Edge browser where under some circumstances the subject line was not available. 

Just a reminder of how the fix was introduced:

- There is no version change as this is a UI update and not a true application update 

- Friday the 13th we rolled out the fix to a small population to make sure it did not introduce other issues 

- Monday night we introduced it to roughly 50% of webmail users  

- Tuesday night the update was complete 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

As of Wed. am, I'm back in business and all seems to be back to normal - again.  Thanks again.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yea!    Looks like someone WAS listening afterall....I guess these forums are working....THANK YOU FOR WHO EVER IS/WAS RESPONSIBLE.

Highlighted
New Poster

YAY!!!  It did work me for me too!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Still not working for me. Do I need to restart my router? Or do something else?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Try deleting all your "History" etc etc and restarting.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you.

Highlighted
Contributor

thanks for fix!  hope it stix

Message board could use a tweak to stop sending emails for each and every response in a thread.  One would suffice for the first new message added.