Community Forum

Spam, Virus or Legit Email from Comcast?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Spam, Virus or Legit Email from Comcast?

Got this email about comprimised email account supposedly from Comcast.  Is this legit?

Important information about your Account
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Spam, Virus or Legit Email from Comcast?

@steve_podleski wrote:

Got this email about comprimised email account supposedly from Comcast.  Is this legit?

Important information about your Account

That really doesn't give us a lot of information to go by, so it's really hard to tell what it is about.  Does the email show the Xfinity verified logo [this is only in webmail, btw]?  Does the email ask you to "click here" to do something with your account?  If so, did you hover your mouse over the link to see if it was a comcast link?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I tried to cut and paste the email, but this editor complained about html content.  I tried to insert a pdf of the email, but this editor complained that it does not accept pdf.  So it's hard to explain the content.

But the email does have a "Secure my Account" link button and hovering over it has no effect on giving further infol

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

OK.  Instead of using Comcast email reader, I used MS Outlook and read the following which, to me, look likes spam or worse:

SnapShot_200817_130453.jpg

Highlighted
Expert

@steve_podleski wrote:

OK.  Instead of using Comcast email reader, I used MS Outlook and read the following which, to me, look likes spam or worse:

SnapShot_200817_130453.jpg

Your image has to be approved by the Forum Administrator before it can be viewed.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

still waiting for an answer after several weeks

Highlighted
Expert

@steve_podleski wrote:

still waiting for an answer after several weeks

It looks like you are using a desktop client.  Did you check in the webmail UI for the Verified logo like @Again asked you?  If not,  sign into the account with just your browser and check for the logo in the Inbox message list.  See here------------------

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/comcast-verified-email/

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I deleted the email weeks ago.

Highlighted
Expert

@steve_podleski wrote:

I deleted the email weeks ago.

Are you referring to some other message?  You only started this thread 8 days ago.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

you're right!  It seems so long ago.  Anyways no use flogging a dead horse. Let's close this case.