Community Forum

Some emails to Comcast address are mis-delivered to another family member

Highlighted
New Poster

Some emails to Comcast address are mis-delivered to another family member

I belong to a membership group that sends a monthly email to our members, with a pointer to our monthly newsletter.  Currently we send one email to about 130 BCC'd recipients.

That seems to work fine for all but one of our members, who has a comcast email address.  She says the newsletter email is always delivered to her husband, who has a different comcast email address.  But I (and others) can exchange regular emails with her just fine.

How can this be happening? 

I don't know how their account is set up, but have speculated that his user-name is the account name, and that under some circumstances, email to others on the same account might be re-directed to him.  But that's just a wild guess.  Any help?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Some emails to Comcast address are mis-delivered to another family member

It sounds like she has a filter set up to redirect  those emails to her husband's address.  Have her check her settings to see if that is the case.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Some emails to Comcast address are mis-delivered to another family member

Thanks for the tip. I'll ask her to check.  I also sent her two test newsletter-link messages -- one *to* her,  the other *bcc'd* to her. We'll see if she gets either, or both.