Ac131's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Monday, September 23rd, 2019 12:00 PM

Closed

Self-assigned IP address will not be able to connect to the internet

I am able to access the free Xfinity Wi-Fi on my phone, but when I try on my computer, a MacBook, it gives me this error message. I have tried to restart the computer and delete the preference files, nothing is working

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

5 years ago

Hi  Ac131, thank you for reaching out to us.  I apologize you are not able to connect to the network  Xfinity Wifi on your computer, what error messages are you receiving?

Thank you

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

It says it has a self-assigned IP address and cannot connect

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hi, I'm having the same issue.  I use monthly passes of X-Finity Wifi On-Demand and have for almost a year without issue.  However since yesterday morning I've been unable to connect to X-Finity with my macbook.  I keep getting the "Self-assigned IP Address" error.  I have tried rebooting the computer, renewing my DHCP lease, etc.  The only thing that has helped at all is deleting the .plist files from my System Configuration.  However, once I reboot, it will only work for a maximum of 10 minutes before the "Self-Assigned IP Address" error pops up again.  

I can connect to the internet by using my cell phone as a hotspot (different carrier), but nothing I do is getting me connected back to X-Finity.  The only suggestion I've found online that I haven't tried is rebooting the router, of course, since I'm using On-Demand I don't have the router.  So I'm at a loss of what to do.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

do we have a resolve for this? currelty having same issue 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here